Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quality Sectionals?

Posted by LetitiaM (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 13:08

I have been reading the forum but did not see any current threads on this topic. My Lane reclining sofa has one broken recliner and hubby wants a new sofa. The Lane has held up really well after 13 years and 5 kids. The cushions are firm, the backs are great, hate to see it go. The daily usage will now be Hubby and me and two adult children. Gaming, movie watching, my on my laptop (like now). We also do a lot of entertaining.

I will be looking at Lane again, but now they have no more stores you have to go to an authorized dealer.

I am looking at spending $2-3 thousand. 119-128 length. The brands I am looking at besides Lane are Robert Michael and Lazy Boy. It does not need to be a recliner. I am looking for feedback on these brands of sectionals or other suggestions. Thank you so much! I am so afraid of buying a piece of crap and having regrets.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quality Sectionals?

The furniture at Crate & Barrel seems like good quality, but the styles are mostly contemporary. I've had a C&B sofa for about three months, and I'm very happy with it, so far. Hopefully, it will last for at least five years.

Bassett is probably a safe bet, but a little pricey. Their sectionals start at about $2500, but if you can wait for a sale, you may save a few hundred dollars.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bassett Furniture

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here