Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leather furniture from RoomsToGo

Posted by bahty (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 26, 11 at 12:57

We are looking for leather set (sofa, love seat and chair) from RoomsToGo Cindy Crawford Bellamy collection. I heard a lot of bad stories about RoomsToGo and asked to send me a swatch. I found it pretty nice and don't have any complaints about it.

Can anyone advise how to determine if its a bad or good leather?

And any feedback on Cindy Crawford Bellamy collection?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leather furniture from RoomsToGo

I can't say anything about the leather but I can tell you that in general with RTG you get what you pay for. I would avoid the motion furniture. I know that the mechanism breaks, quite often, in a few years.

o

Yeah, that what I thought and only look for classic sofa.

Today I was in Macy's and was looking on Chateau D'ax Luke collection. Leather on it is thicker than in RTG and sales man told us that everything is made in Italy, but assembled in China... sounds strange, but I'm not a pro to judge.

It's a bit more expensive, but if it will give me extra 2-3 years of service - that should be fine.

Any ideas are welcome:)

o

Yes, RoomsToGo is very low end. If you want furniture (leather or otherwise) that will last and can afford to pay more, look elsewhere. I've heard nothing but bad things about RTG.

o

We'll see if Macy's furniture is good. I just paid for the set:)

The trigger was the mark "Made in Romania" on the sample in store, so I hope I'll get pieces that were made in Romania.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here