Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Experience/Comments on Lexington Home Brands

Posted by swingking03 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 12:13

My wife and I are looking to purchase a new bedroom set (bed, 2 dressers, mirror, and nightstand). We are looking to get something that will last a lifetime. She has seen two sets made by Lexington Home Brands that she really likes, but I cannot find any comments about them. The collections she likes are Barclay Square, and Kingstown by Tommy Bahama. Does anyone have any experince or comments about Lexington Home Brands and/or Tommy Bahama Home? She also likes one by Paula Deen Home if anyone has opnions on that.

Also, based on some posts I've seen here, I have looked into some Durham collections, however there are no dealers in my area. Compared to the two mentioned above, is Durham worth a long drive to check out? How do they price in comparison?

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Experience/Comments on Lexington Home Brands

Nearly all the case goods I own are Lexington. It's a mid-range furniture. All the drawers are dovetailed, the backs of the end tables are beautifully finished, the wood finishes are nice. I've always been happy with them. I own: coffee table, end table, corner television cabinet, bedroom armoire, bed tables, dining room table and chairs.

o

We have Lexington Seaside Setreat BR pieces that I bought when I was single about 10 years ago. I am very happy with the quality. Of course, this line is now discontinued so any other pieces are CL or ebay. There were all sorts of other pieces: coffee tables, DR, etc.

I was fortunate in that I was able to order the pieces from a local furniture store. They had a few pieces in stock.

o

I know nothing about Furniture but I do own a couple pieces from Lexington Home Brands. A Tommy Bahama end table and 2 swivel chairs. I've just had them both for about 6 months and I love them. I came on here today to find out about their sofa's but so far, not a lot of info out there on the brand in general.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here