Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Linden street Friday sofa, will ikea ektorp covers fit?

Posted by ciardelli (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 14 at 11:45

Hi everyone,
I have a linden street Friday sofa from jcp and I bought it used in good condition for only twenty dollars! I need to replace the denim slipcover because the previous owner had kids so it's kind of dirty but not too bad. I want the natural color or a white, I don't want to pay $400 because I'm just buying my first house and I need to save more than spend, since the ikea ektorp sofa is pretty much identical does anyone know if it works to use an ikea slipcover ???

Thanks in advance, looking forward to answers !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Linden street Friday sofa, will ikea ektorp covers fit?

Hi, funny I saw your post, I was just speaking with JCpenny about ordering a new slipcover, which they don't seem to carry that style any more. I do have the loveseat and did order the cover which almost fits from Ikea. It will go on the base, but the cut is a little different. When you put it on you will see. It doesn't really bother me, and no one has noticed it. I recommend that if you buy the white, you might want to order 2. While one is washing you can put the other one on. The white covers are the less expensive ones. I also air dry them, so they don't shrink.
I pan on ordering a grey one from Ikea now and the price is more for grey one than 2 of the white. Good Luck.

o
RE: Linden street Friday sofa, will ikea ektorp covers fit?

Generally slip covers are pretty exact in their patterning. It would be surprising if they fit..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here