Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dandylandy

Campton Office armoire - possible to refinish? Or who is vendor?

dandylandy
11 years ago

Hi,

I have been hunting for a computer armoire that will hold files, a printer, large monitor, and a shredder (will put the shredder where the PC tower slot is, since I have an all in one desktop.)

Pottery Barn has a great option - I really like the layout and the size, and the price isn't too bad ($1619 on sale now, normally $1799.)

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/campton-office-armoire-ming-red/?pkey=cdesks-home-office

The problem is the color choices - they only have "ming red" or "desa mocha" (which is almost black) and both of those options are distressed.

I called them to see if the other colors (pictured only in the "wood swatch photo" are available but they are not and the rep could not tell me if they ever would be. It isn't clear to me why they even show the wood swatches.

In any case, I am hoping that someone here can tell me either:

1. Who manufactures this for Pottery Barn? If I knew the vendor, maybe I could find a similar computer armoire in a better color from a different retailer.

OR

2. How hard would it be to make this thing white?

The description says "Hand finished in lacquer that is distressed and weathered for a timeworn patina." f

Can that be sprayed over? Or sanded or liquid sander applied and then paint?

I really would like it in white. Also, would that look awful with the distressed finish.

Our furniture is modern and we have nothing else distressed.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery Barn Campton Smart Office computer armoire

Comments (4)