Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heatherpoore

Smith Brothers vs everyone else

heatherpoore
10 years ago

I have done some research on several couches for about a year. We have looked at Justice, Best, Lacrosse, Smith Brothers and Flexsteel. I am having trouble deciding if the price of Flexsteel and Smith Brothers is worth it. I have a 3 yr old and 6 yr old so I need a good fabric. We had incredible luck with our micro fiber Lacrosse couch (10 years!) but I am not sure about the quality now. Our local furniture store told me that Best and Justice were better quality than Lacrosse. Then after reading other posts on here I looked at Flexsteel and Smith Bros. My hubby is not convinced it is worth the extra money since our $700 couch lasted so long. Please help! Suggestions on fabric or brand are welcome

Comments (5)

• Wolfpackmom
    10 years ago

Heather we just purchased Smith Brothers this summer..we got leather and love it.

• trinimommy
    10 years ago

I had a Smith Bros. sofa delivered about one month ago and am very pleased with it. It fits me very well and provides good support. I have no complaints about the workmanship. I think it is a good value for the price.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I just ordered Smith Brother chairs and will be ordering a Hancock & Moore sofa. While waiting for my sales lady I was speaking to another gal at the store and she has SB furniture that is around 5 years old and she loves it!

• LeslieP
    10 years ago

I have two Smith Brothers love seats for 5 years. They both get very heavy use everyday and look like they were delivered today. I am so glad I chose them. They are well constructed and the cushions are perfect.

• tuesday_2008
    10 years ago

I bought a Smith Brothers sofa and loveseat in 1986 and used them until 2007. Had them reupholstered in the 90's just because I wanted a change. The original SB fabric was MUCH better than what i used the second time around. When I gave them up, they were still solid - the "new" fabric had not worn so well though.

Needless to say, I bought ANOTHER Smith Brothers set in 2007. It also is wearing well.

I am also looking at a leather Smith Brothers rocker/recliner in the near future. Their leather is pretty pricey, so I may do some comparison shopping with Hancock and Moore.