Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
From IKEA to McCreary Sectional -- a good choice?

Posted by spin87 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 11:05

Hi all, I've read a few reviews on McCreary but everything was from at least a year or so ago so I thought I'd ask again.

My husband and I love the following sofa available from Carson's for its comfort as well as its price tag (less than 2K with free delivery during their semi-annual): http://www.carsons.com/shop/home/furniture/living-family-room/living-room-collections/mccreary-dial-living-room-multi-piece-sectional_501352.html.

Our first couch as a married couple was from IKEA. We are trying to make a better choice this time around and would appreciate any and all input from the forum. The construction is listed on the site.

Here is a link that might be useful: McCreary Sectional

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: From IKEA to McCreary Sectional -- a good choice?

McCreary Modern business is mostly contract OEM, but also has their own line, considered medium low-end. Sure its a step up from Ikea, mostly because they use a stick-built kiln dried poplar wood frame. But the rest of the sofa compares to the Ikea sofas that are in this same price range. The upgrade is the down-blend envelopes on the seats and the down-blend back cushions. The 1.8 density standard polyurethane foam is minimal and wont hold its shape or support for long, just depends on how much you use any of the cushions. The seat springs, well , isnt up to par either, google search: Flex-O-Lator spring suspensions, and the first image should be of a cut-away seat showing about the same they are using. Cheap and not much to it.
But i think the bigger question is the fabric. I suggest to throughly research to understand the fabric properties and how long will it hold up.

o
RE: From IKEA to McCreary Sectional -- a good choice?

IKEA products are good and I used its mattresses which proved great. What is cost for McCreary and are they comfortable? From where to buy it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here