Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celeste63_gw

Ikea Pax wardrobe - which size to buy?

celeste63
13 years ago

Hi, I would appreciate any advice! I am thinking about buying an Ikea Pax wardrobe. (I have just moved into a newly renovated house, in Belgium, where there are no built-in closets, and all our clothes are in boxes or hanging on racks.) My bedroom measures 314cm wide by 360cm long. The Pax would go on the 314cm wall opposite the bed. Should I get a 300cm-wide one so as to make maximum use of the space? Or would that be too massive, squat and overwhelming? I would order the 201cm height (not 236, which would barely fit under the ceiling). It would cover most of the lovely apple-green wall. (The wall behind the bed is also green, the side walls are white, but I was thinking that if some of the doors of the Pax were mirrored, it woudl reflect the green from the bed wall.) There would be abouta meter of space between the end of the bed and the wardrobe. I'm thinking normal hinged doors instead of sliding ones, which I've had trouble with before. Any opinions about how to organize the inside of the wardrobe? I had one in a rented house that included the trouser hangers and wire "drawers" and know I don't want those. I'm thinking just hanging bars, with one area for shirts, another for longer clothes like dresses, and solid drawers, and a shoe rack. Thank you for your input!