Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
washable slipcovered sofa

Posted by catlin (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 28, 10 at 4:58

I am looking for a washable slipcovered sofa. I just looked at RH on sale but no guarantee of washability. I have looked at Casco Bay and Nantuckit and saw good reviews posted. I really like a line Nantuckit carries called Taylor Scott Collection. The TSC sofa I most like is on a site called LavendarFields out of NY state. Of course TSC is made 50 miles from me in southern Ca so I guess no matter who I order from, this is where it will ship from. But that site is the only place I have seen the "Flint" sofa. Has anyone had dealings with LavendarFields or sat on Taylor Scott sofas? Flint has the one piece bench seat, a feature I really like.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: washable slipcovered sofa

Look at Pottery Barn or Lee industries for wasable slipcover sofas but read my posting re concerns

o

i don't think the slipcovers from lee are REALLY washable. mine are linen so i wouldn't anyway but i'm having a cotton set made by a local seamstress to go in the machine.

o

Miles Talbott carries a line like this. It is called washable wonders. Don't know how good they are but have run across them online while sofa hunting.

o

I just ordered a sofa and chair from Casco Bay with washable slip covers in "constant white". I went with the outdura fabric. I have this fabric on my porch and became impressed with it when the hair off my 2 rat terriers would not stick to it. I will post again after I have used the furniture for a while.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here