Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
herbie3

Need a small but comfortable recliner

Herbie3
12 years ago

My house is a cape and I'm attempting to fit a recliner in a small corner with slanted ceilings. Anybody have any suggestions for a small recliner (maybe in the 32 to 34 inch wide range) that does not require a lot of distance from the wall but is still able to fit somebody who is about 6'2 210 pounds? I'm not sure if this is a hopeless case but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask:)

Thanks,

Sean

Comments (11)

• clt3
    12 years ago

Take a look at Bradington-Young.

• KVictory
    12 years ago

DO NOT BUY LazyBoy furniture.
    I thought I was buying a quality brand.
    I paid twice as much for the LazyBoy
    Furniture than anything in Raymour
    Flanigans or JC Penney, Macys etc..
    They promised me quality and service.
    They lied. Since the day I received the
    Furniture almost a $3000 purchase,
    I have had problems. I have made numerous
    Phone calls and emails and I don�t even get a
    Call back. This company does not stand
    Behind their products even within the first
    Minute it arrives. They completely ignore
    You. I would have never dreamed a company
    Like this would have such a bad attitude.
    PLEASE HEED THIS WARNING. I WISH SOMEONE
    WARNED ME. SHAME ON LAZYBOY.

• valencia
    12 years ago

I too am looking for a smaller recliner. However, I am also considering a tilt back chair becasue I don't think my room can handle the fully extended length of a recliner. Hancock and Moore has tilt backs and recliners, some of which are as narrow as 33 inches. I am finding it difficult to locate furniture show rooms which have a good selection of these types of chairs in stock. I am very hesitant to purhcase without actually sitting in the furniture.

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: tilt back chairs

• MREDEKER
    12 years ago

I would strongly suggest looking at a Stressless recliner from Ekornes. Especailly due to the smaller size and comfort they provide.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    12 years ago

Find a store that has "best chair" brand for you to see.

• Dr_jitsu
    12 years ago

I just picked up a Hancock and Moore 3032 this weekend and it is a wall hugger that is VERY comfortable.

It has lumbar/lower back support. If you don't have a place that carries them, order one from Duane at the Keeping Room.

• InteriorStylist
    12 years ago

I would recommend the Rialto or Harbor Town model from La-Z-Boy...but being small & fitting a 6'2" 210 lb guy is gonna be a challenge!!! You'll find the best selection there in any case with knowledgeable salespeople. I worked for them for 7 years in many leadership positions, have been to the factories & know the top brass.

And just some advice on negative reviews on ANY manufacturer (cause you'll find them on ANYONE)...there is no business that I know of that overtly tries to make customers unhappy. They would not have much longevity in the business. There will always be sour grapes customers who have filed illegitimate & false claims of defects to a manufacturer thinking they can get new furniture every year despite abuse of the product. Take this negativity with a grain of salt when you don't know the other side of the story.

~Jeana

• Brent B
    12 years ago

Bradington-Young has measurements at their site. I bought 2 4014 (in leather), but I am 5' 7", vice over 6', but these chairs are probably better suited for a little taller person then myself;my wife 5' 9" likes the chairs very much.
    Having said that, we have a friend that is only 5' 1" and despite having other very nice seating as well, she almost runs to sit in one of the 2 B-Y chairs!

Also, the Hancock & Moore, their tilt backs do not have a built-in foot rest, so I'm not sure if you have the room or want a foot stool?

We bought the B-Y chairs over the H&M chairs due to the higher cost of the chair(s) and the addition of foot stools.
    If the money was not part of the equation, then we would have bought the H&M. Very very comfortable.
    These 2 companies have great reputations.
    Good luck.

• vhwings05
    8 years ago

beautiful 31" full recliner at brooms to go

• vhwings05
    8 years ago

sorry rooms to go