Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Familiar with Hickory House furniture?

Posted by salviastreet (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 18, 11 at 23:20

I feel duped, really more disappointed in my lack of thoroughness in my purchase research/preparation. I ordered two armchairs at Luxe Home Interiors this weekend, believing what I was buying were Hickory Chair, because that was the brand I was familiar with, and so I just heard it that way I am sure from the beginning. I came home to look them up on the website, and they weren't there, so I notice my receipt says "HH" for Hickory House. I can't find a website for this company!

Can anyone tell me anything about the relative quality of this brand? The price was not a bargain, so no red flag went off in my mind. When a search on GW doesn't turn up anything, that makes me even more nervous!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Familiar with Hickory House furniture?

I found this on the following site http://www.manta.com/c/mm4d0b8/hickory-house-furniture-company

"Hickory House Furniture Company in Newton, NC is a private company categorized under Wood-Household Furn-Upholstered Manufacturers. Our records show it was established in 1995 and incorporated in North Carolina. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $3,400,000 and employs a staff of approximately 40. Companies like Hickory House Furniture Company usually offer: Harlem Furniture, Custom Furniture, Rustic Furniture, Bassett Furniture and Essential Tables."

If Hickory House is equated to Bassett, I'm guessing this is of a lesser quality than you were hoping.

I checked Green Front's website because I've shopped there frequently and know the quality of the wide array of furniture they carry, and they DO list Hickory Chair, but they do NOT list Hickory House....

Perhaps you can return these if you're concerned about the quality of construction and durability of wear. Certainly Hickory Chair has an excellent reputation and is worth paying for.

Not sure where you live, but if you are close to Green Front, I recommend it as an excellent place to shop for excellent (including high end) furniture. It's located in the small town of Farmville, Virginia, in the central part of the state, and is worth a drive if you don't live too far away. I've always found the exact piece of furniture (and Oriental carpets) I was looking for at significant savings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Front Furniture

o
RE: Familiar with Hickory House furniture?

Thanks beth4, that provides a little insight. Better than "made in China" perhaps! I will talk to the sales staff at Luxe again and see what else I can learn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here