Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrewt2009

Never ending search for Manufacturer

andrewt2009
13 years ago

Hi,

I have been searching for over a year (on and off) for the best place to buy my furniture. I settled on Durham for my bedroom furniture because the price to quality ratio was just right.

I'm still searching for living and dining room furniture (primarily a leather sofa and square dining table) and despite months of searching, I'm not even close to a purchase. Just when I think I've possibly found what I'm looking for, I read on here that it is poor quality. I'm from England and knew very little before arriving in the US but it seams you have to be rich to buy attractive decent furniture.

I'm also struggling to determine what poor quality means. I'm not looking for a sofa that is going to last me for 20 years but I don't want it to be falling apart in 5 years time. When people define good quality furniture are they ruling out anything that doesn't still look perfect in 15, 20 years time?

I love the look of pottery barn furniture but every time I go the furniture seems to have scratches all over it. I'm presuming that because their furniture has a veneer I'm going to find it difficult to get the scratches out.

In an ideal world I would love the pottery barn look (aged but with clean lines,) but I would like it to last between 5 and 10 years. If it were a little more inexpensive than pottery barn also, that would be an added plus.

If any one could offer any advice I would hugely appreciate it. Please put me out of my misery.

Many thanks

Andrew

Comments (3)