Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shelly9000

Where to purchase a Canopy Replacement For Patio Swing

shelly9000
16 years ago

Hi I have a Martha Stewart Everyday Victoria Three-Seat Swing (Mfr. model# 92061011). I bought it from K-Mart a few years back. Does anyone know where to purchase a replacement for the canopy. The one I have is torn up. Thanks for the help.

Comments (6)

• revisions
    16 years ago

i have the same thing with the same type of problem....mildewy and stuff....yuck....perhaps trying to write the company????
    ~reVISIONS

• chelone
    16 years ago

Oh boy, I work in the canvas/awning business and made 3 of those replacement covers a week/two ago. I HATE making them! but only because customers come in with the old, tattered cover. If you can take the top frame off the swingset bring THAT with you. Here's why:

To hold down costs manufacturers use cheap materials; usually fibres that are ill-suited to more than a couple of year's in direct UV contact. Martha Stewart doesn't care! nor does K-Mart. If you put up a big enough stink they might replace the entire unit just to be rid of you. Copying a clearly defunct top only guarantees another that will fit poorly, if at all. Whenever a customers says, "It's OK, just copy this one" all liability falls on their shoulders! if it doesn't fit properly it's not our fault... as long as our "duplicate" matches the tattered one given to us! Remember that.

The 3 I recently made were made from 100% solution dyed acrylic fabric ("Sunbrella") and stitched with 100% polyester thread in 92 weight. They required about 3 yds. ($60) and took 1 1/2-2 hrs. to pattern, cut, and complete (between $75-100 labor). Not cheap, by a long shot, but the covers I made will last minimally 5-6 yrs. before requiring a restitch to reinforce degraded thread.

The fabric is tough, I've seen "Sunbrella" last 10-12 years with good care (my awnings are pushing 10 yrs., I've restitched them twice and they're out from April-November in all conditions). Thread is the "weak link", and the first thing to fail under relentless sun. It would take me about 15 minutes to completely restitch a cover ($15-20/every 5-8 years).

Not what you want to read, I'm sure, but I hope it helps!

• labney
    15 years ago

I am having a very difficult time finding a replacment canopy cover for my 3 seater swing. I phoned the manufacturer this morning and was told that it had been discontinued. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• freethinker99
    11 years ago

Shelly 9000 I would look into canvas makes for boats. Many of these companies do custom work.

• sdsurujdeo
    8 years ago

Hello I bought a swing from Sam club about 11 yrs s ago and the canopy is all torn up it was one of the large one i will like to know how to get one

• Susan Rodriguez
    last year

You can get replacement cushions and canopy for both the Victoria and the Amelia swings at gardenwinds.com. I got the canopy 3 years ago and need to replace it. However, I did leave it outside year-round. I think if you removed it during the winter, it would last longer. These are not made from the original materials.