Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Know anything about leathershoppe

Posted by mzdee (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 28, 09 at 21:05

The internet site with leather furniture? I saw a BY sofa there at about 500 dollars less than the wellington site. Exact same sofa. Before I plunk down my hard earned cash, I would very much like your insights on this company. They are located in TX. I checked the BBB site and they had 3 complaints and all have been closed.

Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Know anything about leathershoppe

You might want to click on the "Policy" link at the bottom of the page to ensure you are comfortable with their policies. For example, with Boyles, you pay half down and the remaining half when the furniture is delivered. LeatherShoppe requires you to pay half when ordering and the remaining half BEFORE your furniture is released to the delivery service.

o
RE: Know anything about leathershoppe

Since I asked the question, I thought I'd give you an update. I got 2 emails the same day, after checking on the status of the order. One said that the factory expected completion some time the week of August 24th. The next one said that the factory had notified them that the order was complete, they were billing me for the remaining balance, and that the shipping company would notify me of a delivery date. I'm a little unnerved that they bill me and effectively leave it up to the shipping company from there. I'll see what happens this coming week.
Stay tuned for updates if you're interested.

o
update - re: know anything about leathershoppe

The shipping company has delivery scheduled for Tuesday. We'll see what happens :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here