Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your opinion counts. Stanley or Bernhardt?

Posted by korim (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 17:48

Currently I am looking into a dining set at the entry level brands.

What do you think of Stanley and Bernhardt? At this price point, I am only dreaming "made in USA". I am aware of the fact made out of USA.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Also, I am interested in buying online from NC or SC stores. If you have any information or recommendation, that'll be fantastic, too.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your opinion counts. Stanley or Bernhardt?

Stanley shipped a lot of manufacturing offshore and has started bringing it back. For a few years, including recently, they never got a good handle on quality issues from offshore stuff. I saw some dreadful stuff that should have never made it out of the factory, yet it ended up in a customer's home. I'd be leery of it because even if what you see in the store is perfect, the next item off the line might have poor finish, broken parts, poor fit, substandard material. Just anecdotal, but that's been my experience as a furniture repair technician. I see a little bit of Bernhardt, but my (retailer) customer that used to carry the most of it closed their doors a couple of years ago.

o
RE: Your opinion counts. Stanley or Bernhardt?

Thank you, bobsmyuncle.

You story is something I could never hear without this forum! Furniture shopping is very difficult because the more you pay the more you get. But how much you want to spend depends on completely individual judgement. I don't want to spend everything I have on furniture, so I need to determine my price point. I just want to find a well-build furniture in my taste.

Good to know about the situation of Stanley. I will keep that in mind!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here