Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anon2u_gw

Can anyone identify these unusual chairs?

anon2u
10 years ago

I had the occasion to purchase a set of these chairs recently. They must have been some kind of designer chairs within the last 25-45 years, is my guess, but I have been able to find only two visual image references on Google about them. No information as to designer, manufacturer, age, etc. so I've come to GardenWeb to pick "the experts'" minds.

Click the link below to see a photo of this style chair at a gallery auction:

Thanks in advance to the smart person who can identify them!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (6)

• jane_davis123
    10 years ago

Sorry, I can't identifying them, but these pieces are really awesome..!!

• anon2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Not only are they visually awesome in simplicity of design, but they are meticulously well-crafted. They are identical in dimensions and when pushed together and lined up side-by-side, they create a "bench" that you couldn't tell were individual chairs!

The overall chair design may look "fragile" due to its cantilevered shape but I can assure you that they are quite sturdy and you wouldn't have any concerns about sitting on one (although I wouldn't necessarily push it if someone weighed north of 250 lbs).

And one of the most surprising things about these chairs is that although they look so stark and angular, they are actually quite comfortable to sit in! You wouldn't know it by looking, but the angle of the back is "just about perfect" - when sitting in the chairs, it is quite relaxing. ;-D

• Laurie
    10 years ago

Post this on the Home Decorating forum, as well. You will likely get several responses.

Cool chairs! Sorry I can't identify them.

• anon2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Laurie - that was my next thought.... ;->

• mhillgal
    10 years ago

Does this link look like your chairs?

Here is a link that might be useful: link to chairs

• anon2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@mhillgal: Well, yes, they do look like that, because that gallery auction is the same link I used in my original posting but thanks anyway....

BTW, I did as laurie_2008 suggested above and posted over in the "Home Decorating" forum, and sure enough got a link to an online high-end furnishings site that had real prices. However, even that web posting did not have any manufacturer name, etc.