Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
workinghard_gw

Good choice? 878 for Large Bassett Manor floor model

workinghard
14 years ago

Hi, I am looking at my first furniture decision and found a deal that I am very enticed by. I just got out of college and landed my first job, so my wife and I were on the prowl for a decent couch. We found a large Bassett "Manor" floor model that is supposed to be around 6 months old-based on the the fabric and according to the manager. It has grade 23 rayon/polyester fabric, standard pillows, and their drop in coil system- is not as good as hand tied but suppose to be a decent second, and man it sits comfortably. It claims to be original price of 2179 but since it is a floor model clearance it is listed at 979, but the manager said she can come down 878, though obviously without any kind of warranty as it was a floor model. , I have been over and under it and done see any signs of damage and like I said it sits very well.

We aren`t looking for anything that will last forever, but just something that would last for a good five years or so as a main couch and have a decent life left in it as a guest room couch or something-or at least until we can become more established and begin a real home (we are just living at an apartment for now).

I have been reading all about smith brothers, etc. After taxes this couch is going to be breaking the budget that I set for myself anyway, though it is by far the most comfortable I have found near that price, remember, 878.

So basically my question is, how good a find do you think this is for the price point? Maybe not the wisest? or a nice catch? let me know what you think!

(oh, comes with 2 little pillows also, grade 25 fabric, but that is not significant to me).

Comment (1)