Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jazz3_gw

Canadel Table and Chairs - Is this really a discount?

Jazz3
17 years ago

Found a Canadel table and 6 chairs in a clearance center of furniture store. Appears to be a special order return.

Table is rectangular (probably 60") with 2 leafs. Black distressed finish. Chairs (6) are same finish with upholstered seats.

Marked $1549 and they say that best price is 20% less on a store card....opinions? I have not priced this out as new and wondered what the true savings was.

Comments (11)

• clt3
    17 years ago

That is a good price. I spent in the neighborhood of $2000.

• mogator88
    17 years ago

I don't care much for Canadel, but thats a good price for the set.

• tanirish
    17 years ago

Mogator88,

Do you not care for Canadel as a matter of taste or have you had a bad experience with it? I have been trying to decide on it for a year; since it will be used in a busy kitchen, I am concerned about the marring of the tabletop.

• bob_smith
    17 years ago

Wow, Canadel is absolutely wonderful. I own a set myself. Some people are taken back with the price but it is well worth it. These are made of solid Birch, no veneers. That price is good, I would buy it.

Good luck

• dazcot
    14 years ago

Just priced a Canadel set similar to this today and that is a great price. We were looking at a 72" table with two 20" leaves which was $1300 plus the chairs were well over $300 each. If you decide not to get this, please let me know. I might not be as interested in the chairs simply because we don't want upholstered seats (kids) but would definitely be interested in the table. I thought Canadel's quality was top notch.

• daisybritt
    13 years ago

We have a dinning kitchen set, we have had for awhile and it is wonderful with an extra leaf. But are moving to a different house and it will not work. I just priced the chairs and they were still over 300 a piece when we sell it i would like to get close to a thousand for it all. But we would buy this brand again you will not go wrong.

• stir_fryi SE Mich
    13 years ago

That is a great deal. I just got a set in January and the table alone was more than that. BTW -- you can cover the upholstered chairs with a plastic until your kids are older.

This is our second Canadel set. Our first is 7 years old. I think it is beautiful, high quality furniture.

When we got our first set -- we did have an issue with our chairs tipping over. We sent them back and ordered more substantial, expensive chairs that I absolutely love. My kids were young then (2 and 4) and they would tip the chairs by turning around in the seat and a heavy coat could do it to. I do think it is ridiculous that they even sell such a light chair.

We did order glass to put over each tabletop -- the beauty of the wood still shows though. Any table that is "real" wood on top is going to scratch so be prepared.

• adam_greig_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I just bought a 7 piece dining set from canadel for 1900, good deal?

• cmainland_san_rr_com
    13 years ago

That's an awesome deal. For the set I was looking at, the table alone was 1,500.
    Where did you get this?

• canfield7
    2 years ago

I bought a black distressed kitchen table and chairs but I bought it from Furnitureland south in NC. Great deal. Set was 1500 for a 72 inch table. I luv it. Very sturdy!