Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjrbat

Does anyone have experience with Jamison Mattresses?

rjrbat
18 years ago

I was looking at mattresses this weekend and found the Jamison brand. The sales rep told me that this is the brand that all of the Marriott Hotels use and Hilton Hotels are picking them up. (I called the local Courtyard Marriott and the mgr. said that was they brand they used.) He said the reason I hadn't heard of them before is because they don't spend money in advertising to individual consumers because of their commercial market. The style I was looking at was the Ultimate Visco Foam, and it had a 10 year non-prorated warranty. Costing about 60% less than Temperpedic mattresses, I am very interested in learning if there is anyone out there that has experience with this brand.

Comments (22)

• Maker222
    18 years ago

Sorry I don't know anything about that brand however I just went thru the great mattress buying drill a few months ago. First you can't compare apples to apples. Then when you finally figure out how to do it, the game changes from what you seen and felt in the store might be different then what you actually get. Then throw in I like hard and my DH wants soft. It's darn near impossible to actually want to plunk down money.

I should state that I have no ties to Select Comfort. However thats what I bought. Yes it is just an air mattress but it darn sure is comfortable and I didn't have to worry about the hard and soft or getting satisfaction when it does not live up to what was sold to me. What I did was, I went and talked to the manager and told her I wanted a "used" bed. She tried to talk me out of that Blah Blah Blah do you really want to sleep on a mattress that someone else has slept on. I told her "YES" I do it every time I rent a motel room!!!!! Come to find out they sell their middle model in last years design or something like that for about 25% off. You end up with cash in your pocket and a new bed in the mail. Plus you don't have to worry about the springs or foam breaking down over time. We went with the Select Comfort box spring and the leg kit I would not recommend either all you need is a solid box with some sort of legs on it. If you want it to match watch eBay for a cover for the box spring portion. Go into the store and you will see what I mean.

One other idea is that Tempur-pedic will soon be comming out with a lower priced model in the next few weeks.

I am sure you know by now that I love the Select Comfort bed and if I ever have to replace it I would buy another.

Hope this helps

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is the linky for Tempur-pedic if your interested

• jrdwyer
    18 years ago

We have a 15 year old Jamison queen mattress set. I believe it is mid to upper-mid grade. The comfort is medium-firm and it still gives good support (no sagging or hard spots). We rotate it (flip it) every so often. It was and still is worth the $400 or so we spent on it.

• upset
    17 years ago

Don't buy one!!!! I recently bought a Jamison Biltmore Omalon Pillow Top On July 8, 2006 for $1889.96 and it was delivered on July 18, 2006. I hate it. The first week I had it it was wonderful then it started sinking. I called the store I bought it from on August 15, 2006 (in less than 30 days). They said a Jamison salesman would have to look at it. It took him a week and a half to even call me. He kept saying that he would not be in the area and he would let me know when he would be. I won't go into all details, but he finally came to look at it on Nov. 2nd. He said he could not find any defects only the impression of my body where I had laid in the same spot. I had not slept on that bed since Sept. 8th. I was sleeping on my Serta in the spare room and it was so much more comfortable. I bought both of these at the same time.
    The Jamison salesman, Mike Burton, said and I quote "An individual's comfort preference is not covered under the warranty. We hope everyone enjoys the comfort of their mattress, but it can't be guaranteed nor included in the warranty."

By the way, I have since learned that Mike Burton only lives 14 miles away from me. I drive into his town at least 4 times a week. I wonder why he couldn't spend five minutes of his time to stop by here to take care of the problem.

• paulaann
    17 years ago

The company is called Jamison Bedding:

http://www.jamisonbedding.com/

• marycooks
    15 years ago

I bought the jamison caress and it is a terrible mattress! Very saggy and less than 1 year old. Neither the furniture store salesperson nor the manufacturer will make it right. They said the warranty doesn't cover a person's comfort choice. So if your comfort choice is not a saggy mattress, you, too will be disappointed. Goodbye $1200

• gdlz
    15 years ago

A little over 2 1/2 years ago I was involved in a car accident. My small Toyota Corrolla was totaled and I'm still experiencing pain throughout my entire body from the injuries. Additionally, I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia twice. First by my Chiropractor and it has been confirmed by my Rheumatologist last year. I have stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn in Bethesda, MD on and off for the last 5 months for at least 2 weeks and up to three weeks and I began to sleep at least 4 hours straight at night!!! This gal is in the process of purchasing a Jamison Mattress. My Rheumatologist has agreed to give me a prescription for it to help me get some of the cost reimbursed through by FSA. Marriott confirmed which Jamison mattress was in each room I stayed. They have a wide selection so it is important to take your time to decide which one is best for you. Since I have returned to Florida I am unable to get adequate sleep. My body hurts when I get up every morning. I feel like I'm 90. Before the accident, I was enrolled in modern dance, jazz and ballet. I was not the average 48 year old :)
    Thanks for letting me share!!!

• pktalley73_gmail_com
    13 years ago

I bought the Jamison Mattress (Marriot Edition) in Oct 2006 and for the first few months it was great, however I began noticing that it started sinking really bad and my husband started complaining of back issues and could not sleep in the bed anymore...it does okay with me but still not supportive. i called the furniture store where I bought the mattress and he looked up my order and sighed and said that in 2006-07 all of the Jamison mattresses they sold had been returned by most customers due to quality issues (foam structure breaking down)...became such a problem that the company and Jamison Rep quit returning the calls of the furniture co...so my warranty is useless with the manufacturer....but the furniture store did say they would work with me on replacing - thank you to the furniture co - shame on you Jamison.

• bjhensley31_bellsouth_net
    12 years ago

WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!!! I'M TELLING EVERYONE NOT TO BUY JAMISON. WE BOUGHT OURS IN 2009 WHAT A JOKE AFTER IT SUNK IN MY HUSBAND COULD'T EVEN GET OUT OF BED BY HIMSELF. THE HOLE WAS SO DEEP SO GUESS WHAT WE BOUGHT ANOTHER MATTRESS A BEAUTYREST SIMMONS WHAT A GOOD GOOD MATTRESS!!!!!WELL I GUESS THATS ENOUGH UH! JEANETTE M HENSLEY

• plt2002_HOTMAIL_COM
    12 years ago

Jamison Mattress is AWESOME!

• Csar
    11 years ago

I am looking at purchasing a Hilton Serenity bed by Serta? I would appreciate any input.

thanks,
    Csar

• Alisonveronesi
    10 years ago

I bought my Jamison Mattress from this website.

http://www.goodmorningmattresscenter.com/

Their delivery takes about two weeks, nice guys. I would definitely reccomend it. Phone number is all over the website. But you do have to call them to get a quote.

I got the Marriott Mattress (Supreme Resort)! I Love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Good Morning Mattress Center Website

• jackcis
    10 years ago

I purchased a Jaminson from White Furniture back in January, within two weeks I called them and told them that the mattress was just not right and sleeping on it was just not good. They sent a man out, he looked at it and said it is fine, nothing they could do about it. It was on sale and the salesperson sold me a bill of goods. My question is this, I hate this mattress and would like to upgrade to a better one, but I would like some sort of assistance for the one I have.
    Anyone who has slept on this one has complained to me, my daughter and family etc. I don't think it would do any good to contact White's simply from their last reaction. If there is a chance I can upgrade and get a justifiable discount, I would appreciate it.

• freethinker99
    10 years ago

I might call Jamison directly and then again you could go into the store and ask the owner about the mattress. You could tell the owner the mattress was not as described and that you want to upgrade to another model. He might surprise you.

• rick8420
    10 years ago

I bought a top of the line Jamison 36 months ago. It got very soft w
    And mushy within 2 years. I have a bad back and can hardly sleep on it. They said Jamison would call . After I called twice, I got a "kit" in the mail for me to measure and take pictures of the mattresses, box springs, frame. A string with washers attached to measure depressions. They say unless it measures more than 1.5 inches deep they won't do anything. I'll send it in and we'll see. In the mean time I sleep in the guest room on a tempurpedic. I hope this wasn't a $3k mistake..

• momfromthenorth
    10 years ago

Ours has been replaced once already. (It made the 1.5" depression within 2-3 years.) I also have a bad back and have stopped sleeping on it. The depression from where my husband sleeps is a joke now. The dog loves to curl up in that depression, if that tells you anything. I won't touch Jamison after this. Don't know what the next one will be but its on our list for replacement this year.

I will try to refrain here but it's amazing that they are still in business IMHO but then again, the mattress industry is unlike any other. The same bed can be in 20 different stores, each with a different price and different style "name". It's just a joke. I guess the manufacturers all have deep pockets to send to the lobbyists in Congress so no one messes in their consumer ripoffs. Anyone ever wonder why they sell mattresses now that can't be flipped? Yep, that's another "gotcha" so it will wear out faster.

• freethinker99
    10 years ago

In the mattress industry it is always best if the retailer has construction samples so you can see just what you are getting. I doubt if any mattress makers are hiring lobbyist in Washington but I will tell that most of the manufacturers have a variety of labels to choose from and even a choice of warranties on the same item. In fact the only difference in some models might be the twist of the spring inside the mattress. Personally that is why I prefer a high quality US made foam mattress and there are a variety of foams to choose from memeory foam, latex, soy gel top etc.

• mvgfwd2
    8 years ago

I am presently staying in a motel in Palm Springs, Ca., and I can honestly say, without a doubt, I'm sleeping on the BEST matress, I've ever slept on. It turned out to be a JAMISON! I could tell by the condition of the tag, that it was probably a fairly old one, but without a doubt, it has provided me with the most comfortable sleep I have ever experienced in my 67 years!!! I will DEFINITELY be purchasing one for my own home!!!!

• straatevans
    8 years ago

Save your money. I bought a Jamison Choice Comfort Matteress set on 04/01/2005 for $1799.00 and it is coming apart.

• goatsandharleys
    7 years ago

I have an amazing Jamison mattress. I bought it after lying on it 20mins on my back ...I have scoliosis and it was wonderful. Purchased 9yrs ago from a furniture store. It's slight pillow on it but very deep mattress in depth. I believe it's a latex...no sinking and no motion to feel since my husband is in it with me and he is a 250 lb man. We are struggling with getting a king size bed sometime soon and that means this becomes guest room bed but I'm so researching mattresses online we want one like this queen Jamison.

• scsreiter
    6 years ago

I purchased a Jamison mattress - probably around 1990 - and am now needing to replace it. When I purchase it, it was $600. I have had it for 27 years and the springs are starting to wear out. It is a 2 sided mattress with maximum support and ultimate comfort per the label. They no longer make this model but it is the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. I am now looking to replace it and most definitely am looking at purchasing another Jamison.

• Melanie Doran
    3 years ago

My in laws have had Jameson mates for years. They LOVE it and will be looking for only that to replace the one they have