Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
inna0410

Horchow new chairs

inna0410
17 years ago

Anybody knows the manufacturer of these chairs? Where could I possibly find them? The Horchow price is steep.

http://www.horchow.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?cmCat=search&itemId=cprod21400066

Thanks.

Comments (13)

• realdreamer
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Send their customer service department an e-mail in which you state your interest in the chairs, but you are concerned about quality as the brand is not published on their web site. Then outright ask the name of the manufacture. Horchow is owned and operated by Neiman Marcus...as a retailer, they should have no issue with disclosing the manufacture. I've sent them e-mails in the past and have gotten the response that I was after.

• ossienyc
    17 years ago

I asked this past month about the identity of a sofa manufacturer and telephone rep laughed and said no way would Horchow reveal that info.

• bubbeskitchen
    17 years ago

Bubbe here, A regular on the Cooking Forum, just dropped by and I have an idea. Why don't you contact the editors of Domino Magazine and see if they will search it for you or find a similar chair. They are in the business of revealing sources so we who want to go the non-decorator route can find things ourselves.

• realdreamer
    17 years ago

Hey Bubbe--sounds like an great idea!

• dgmarie
    17 years ago

I know several furniture sotres which put their label over the brand of the furniture they sell, so hiding it is not unsual. They don't want you to buy it from someone else, that's all.

• OllieJane
    17 years ago

Beware of Horchow! Although, I do love Horchow's things, but now, will ONLY buy their items "on sale" ever since I ALMOST ordered barstools from them, and then saw the very same ones at a store in town. Besides them being over $100.00 EACH more expensive than the ones I found in town, I would have had to pay shipping on top of that. I can see paying the shipping over a reasonable price, but they really jacked up the price.

I don't mind paying good money for quality items, but I also don't want to feel I got cheated either. For now, I just look at their magazine and good ideas and try to buy them elsewhere!

• inna0410
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I did quite a search since my last posting. In the meantime, I ordered one chair as a sample from Horchow. I do have a permanently valid discount code for them - WELCOME for a 10% dicount and BEST for a free shipping. I received a chair (it was gorgeous - great quality). Located the label under the seat (Maitland-Smith), located Maitland Smith and after speaking to them, located the dealers in my area. Spoke to a dealer, who said that usually what M-S sell through the Horchow is the Horschow's exclusive. They would be unable to supply those chairs to me.

So, instead of the usual waiting until Horchow.com runs a 20% discount event (for a fear of changes in their product line), I ordered the rest of the 5 chairs with the same 10% discount code and free shipping. I realized that saving $300 on the total order (additional 10% when 20% discount applies) is not worth the risk of losing those chairs altogether. Voila. I am happy anyway.

• spolina
    16 years ago

Horchow very recently had 25% off coupon (SPRING25?). With coupons like that and then if you make sure to visit their site from cash back sites like ebates that pay you around 3%, you probably can get down to North Carolina price if they don't charge you taxes. Unfortunately, they charge taxes to VA as we have Neiman Marcus in the state.

But, their shipping prices are insane!

• PRO
    KT21
    9 years ago

Anyone have a clue as to a manufacturer of this chair. As stated above, Horchow will not give out any info. I've been searching. Thanks.. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/468374429966243779/

• freethinker99
    9 years ago

In my opinion Horchow is not going to tell you who makes their private labeled products.

• PRO
    V-Dub Furniture Store In Arizona
    9 years ago

I my opinion send their customer service department an e-mail in which you state your
    interest in the chairs, but you are concerned about quality as the
    brand is not published on their web site.

• PRO
    Elite Interiors & Furniture Gallery
    9 years ago

The link says the page is no longer available but holding the curser around the link gives Maitland-Smith which is a manufacturer & Horchow does sell some Matiland-Smith items. We have had good luck is assisting our customers with Horchow products.