Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mercymygft_gw

Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality

Mercymygft
18 years ago

We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was considered good quality years ago. Does anyone have any experience with it recently?

Comments (92)

• lauricious
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I have lots of the old (hence good) Ethan Allen furniture that I love and have always enjoyed the best of customer service and the happiest of shopping experiences. But i guess Ethan Allen has changed. My mom just bought a $1,000.00 coffee table. I helped her pick it out. When it arrived it looked like something from a cheap strip mall furniture store. It is truly ugly. There was no random hand distressing like I am used to seeing in Ethan Allen furniture. Instead, the top of the coffee table appeared to be flicked with paint using a toothbrush. The wood finish does not even look real - it looks painted on. The finish was wrong- it looked almost gray/green. She hated it. She called and asked to return it. They said they would charge her a 15% restocking fee. When we got to the store to pick out something to replace it, they said the fee was %23 and that they would not even return the sales tax. Of course that is illegal. I'm sure that was just a mistake. We will call tomorrow to talk to the manager who was not there today. So we picked out an upholstered chair and ottoman for $2000.00. We are going to tell them we will buy that if they do not charge the %15 restocking fee. If they won't, we won't buy it, demand a refund, cut our losses and never shop at Ethan Allen again. At this point we've already decided not to shop at Ethan Allen ever again. The days of pleasure shopping at Ethan Allen where you were treated like a queen as you buy beautiful furniture may be over. We'll see.

• mom270
    11 years ago

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I bought a bunch of living room furniture from EA a few years ago - coffee table, leather couch, two bookcases. It looks great, has held up great, and the couch is very comfortable. The inside of the drawers of the coffee table have "Made in the USA" etched into them. I like to mix it up so since then I have bought Stickley and Lee furniture, but no complaints with Ethan Allen.

• Xhriztion
    11 years ago

I have purchased alot of furniture with Ethan Allen over the years, and have always had great luck with everything!
    My design center in Watchung NJ, has a very professional design team!

• freethinker99
    11 years ago

I have an Ethan Allen wall unit and an entertainment center I purchased out five years ago. It looks great and is still in perfect condition.

It may have been made overseas. I am not sure, but then again just about every other manufacturer, manufacturers their case goods overseas.

They still make a well dsegned product and I think the quality is good.

• cflower1947
    11 years ago

I have a Classic Manor EA dining room set, oval double pedestal table with two arm chairs and 4 side chairs, the china cabinet and the server. I'm interested in selling it. I have enjoyed it since the 70's but having a hand made table made from old cypress. If anyone is interested please contact at slmichie@comcast.net. Also, if not interested and you have sold something like this, what could I possibly get for the set. I would like to cover most of the cost for my table being made.

• Miki601
    10 years ago

I have always been a fan of EA but never purchased anything from them but know people who have purchased couches 10+ years ago and they still look great. I am interested in the Retreat sectional with the foam cushions, not down and springs. Can anyone provide feedback on this couch? I am also interested in purchasing the Miller Farmhouse table (New Country Collection) but after all these reviews, I am skeptical. Does anyone own either of these pieces or know anything about them?

• MonikaBrook
    10 years ago

There are not many complaints concerning the brand.http://www.pissedconsumer.com/consumer-reviews/furniture.html
    I guess it can be trusted. Their stuff looks pretty good, by the way!

• maygor123
    9 years ago

I posted this on a different website so I thought I'd copy and paste. To sum it stay away from this place! We made a $5000 mistake! And after I wrote that complaint, I found a rip on the fabric and they're not doing anything about. They said the warranty for the fabric is only one year! What a crappy company!

We originally went to Ethan Allen wanting to re-decorate whole living room. We knew EA wasn't exactly cheap but wanted some good quality products. When we got there, we were introduced to an "interior designer" who offered to come to our house to do some measurements and recommendations. She did and we met her back at the store to see what she had to offer. She basically showed us everything that was already on the show room. I didn't like he coffee tables and the rugs she recommended was hideous. We ended up just ordering a couch and I said I was still interested in some cushions and drapes when the couch arrived.About 3 months later, our couch came. Less than a couple of months later, feathers were leaking out from the couch. Also the cushions were already losing their shapes (we did switch them around like we were supposed to) and showing wear. My husband and I were upset as we paid $5000 for this couch. I emailed EA head office. The manager of the repair department came by and admitted that feathers shouldn't be coming out from the inside. They took all cushions and re-did that. We got the new cushions and I still occasionally find a few feathers leaking out. However the cushions are still losing their shapes. My husband is so upset. He said we could have gone to Leon's or something and paid $2000 for a couch in way better quality. Also the interior designer was supposed to help us with matching drapery when the couch came. We never heard from her again. The manager of the repair department did ask the manager of the store to contact us and she did. However at this point we weren't interested in giving them any more business. My husband said this is a $5000 mistake. We are just going to use it for another year and buy a new one and considered a mistake and lesson learned. Every time I look at the wear on the couch it just upsets me. We have no kids and no pets! Needless to say we will never set foot at Ethan Allen again. There are many many other choices for less money.

• cohncreative
    9 years ago

I ordered a table and cabinet which cost more than $5000. The table arrived scratched and had to be repaired by Ethan Allen-- at great inconvenience to me because of having to take time off from work to arrange for the repair. A knob fell off the cabinet a few weeks after delivery because the screw was defective. Rather than have to call the company again and miss work, I tried to replace the screw myself. It was a non-standard size so I had to live with a door that wasn't functional. Finally, after living with this non-functional door for more than a year, I decided I would bite the bullet and have Ethan Allen replace the screw. They told me I would need to pay $10. It was irritated by their pettiness but agreed and gave them my credit card info over the phone. They then said they would fax me a sales order which I needed to sign and return to them--- for a $10 screw! I protested and asked them to just send me the screw and not put me through any more inconvenience. The rep refused. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM EA AGAIN! Their quality is poor and their customer service is worse.

• myrtlbh65
    9 years ago

Most of Ethan Allen furniture today is made in China. The quality of the furniture is not anywhere near as good as it was when it was made here in the "good ole" USA. I still have Ethan Allen furniture from 30 years ago. It is beautiful. The most recent purchase was a $2,000+ four poster bed. Had to have finish worked on as all four posters did not have finish on them in several places. The new sofa had to have back cushions remade. They were a mess....different shapes & sizes. Several years ago, I went a round or two about the return of a so-called hand painted blanket chest. They wanted to replace it with a floor model which was in horrible shape. They finally took back the blanket chest after I had to pay $100+ restocking fee.

I've learned my lesson. No more Ethan Allen. Will purchase furniture made in the USA.

• freethinker99
    9 years ago

I am not certain but I would think their upholstery is still made here while the bulk of their casegood pieces are made overseas as are the bulk of casegoods sold in the US.

• juliemoose
    8 years ago

Sigh-we bought 2 rooms full of furnitue from Ethan Allen 10 years ago. We got a newport dining room set with 8 chairs, table, china cupboard and a sideboard. The table that they brought had a broken leg and a chipped leaf (so help me god!)- the finish on the china cupboard was terrible and two of the glass shelves didn't fit. I called customer svc to replace them and they said that I accepted the piece and they weren't going to replace the shelves-my husband had to carry the shelves into the store and tell the designer that we used, who walked over to the one in their display and took the shelves out and gave them to him. There were problems with the upholstered furniture, too (we've already gotten rid of the sofa, while the sofas in another room that we bought at Macy's 30 years ago are still in great shape). I wouldn't buy from EA again, partly because of the quality, and mostly because of the customer svc (with the exception of the designer who helped us out)

• annierue
    8 years ago

I thought I was taking a step up when I went to Ethan Allen from a big box store. I had the top of the line from the other store, and after 10 or 12 years the upholstered living room furniture had become uncomfortable. It only took the Ethan Allen furniture 2 months to get that same run down, lumpy, uncomfortable feel. I'm sorry I purchased the sofa and matching chair. On the other hand, I also bought two mid-century rondo (I think) chairs - sort of a barrel swivel chair, those I love. nice styling and comfortable. It's a real bummer the other furniture is so horrible.

• kth34
    8 years ago

I used to be a very loyal Ethan Allen customer, but their product quality and service has deteriorated to the point I won't spend another dime with them.

The last item I purchased was a leather sofa. Their later brochure touts, "Ethan Allen leather gets more beautiful with time." In reality, I'm pretty certain the "leather" sofa I purchased isn't even leather. It has a flaky, wrinkly look to it, and when scratched, a white plasticy material shows through the "leather." (It is unlike any other leather I own or have experienced.) It looks and feels like plastic.

Customer service was unresponsive unless consistently contacted and after weeks or proving, finally stated that there wasn't an issue with the leather. Their quality, and service, has deteriorated and they don't stand behind their products.

I shopped at Ethan Allen because I wanted a quality product. What I got was junk.

• lilacinjust
    8 years ago

EA used to be associated with quality, but we're not too happy with our sofa. The lumpiness and distorted foam was a big disappointment.

• cacocobird
    8 years ago

I bought several pieces from EA about 15 years ago, and they are all still in good condition. I'm so sorry that EA is going downhill.

• Alyson Stewart
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

A while back, 2009, we purchased a Hyde leather sofa and loveseat from EA. I was trying to figure out why my husband's pillow case was consistently brown. I was yelling at him to wipe his bald head before bed. I had to apologize when I realized it was the color coming off the sofa and transferring to his head and then to his pillowcase. It was like the furniture was coated in shoe polish. The area where he rests his head is now completely devoid of color. I will never purchase leather from Ethan Allen again.

We recently tried again, stupidly, to purchase from EA. A dining room table. The table was not on their floor. The "designer", moniker used loosely, and I looked online and decided the color would match great. The table came and the color is nowhere near the color shown on their site. It is much, much darker, brown with gray. Gross color. There are also areas where the color was not properly applied and it's very shaded. The chairs were a painted french gray and they smeared the glaze in weird areas and the paint has a very chalky feel. Never again.

• Home Home
    7 years ago

Alyson, which table did you order? Did it smell/ stink for how long? I just pitched the sanders set, the smell makes my stomach knot. Thx

• maygor123
    7 years ago

I know the original post came from quite a while ago but I needed to put in 2 cents. Ethan Allen is the absolute the worst furniture store we've ever dealt with. My husband and I went in there about 5 years ago because we wanted to re-do our living room. We spoke with a designer who claimed she would come to our house and helped us with funritures, draperies...etc. She came and spent an hour measuring a bunch of stuff. We went back to see her and expected a plan. Well she ended up recommending a few pieces that were right at the show room and a rug that didn't match our house at all. We ended up ordering a couch anyways and she helped us with color. When we got the couch, the color was exactly the same as our wall and it blended right in. A couple of weeks later, the feathers were leaking out of the fibre. I called and complained. The service manager came and had the cushions rewrapped. Then a few months later, same thing started happening. What was worse was the fibre started to thin out and ripped. We had no kids and pets at the time! Also the cushions were losing shape even we flipped and fluffed them regularly. Oh we NEVER heard that so called designed again. I emailed and called many times. EA said they couldn't do anything because it was a franchise store and the owner wouldn't do anything. The couch costed us $5,000!!!! It was a $5,000 mistake. A cheap $2000 would have stood up way better than that. We ended up selling the couch for $200 last year and honestly that was more what the couch was really worth. For 3.5 years, my husband and I were mad just looking at that $5K mistake. We'll never buy anything from ever again.

• Alyson Stewart
    7 years ago

housedecorchange,

I ordered the Lynnwood table. It didn't stink, but parts look like molded plastic. I am so disappointed that they hardly use any rich woods like cherry, walnut, etc. They use wood that I quite frankly have never heard of and wonder about the process they use to make it into furniture.

The leather on our Hyde sofa peeled like tissue paper where my husband places his head. I have never seen anything like that in my life.

I had a "designer" help me in the store, but quite frankly she had no idea what matched or how to mix fabrics and textures. I ended up making all the decisions and finding what I needed. I think she was a first year interior design student. I have way more experience having sold window coverings for years. I just have to bypass their designers and literally SEE the product on their floor because they are awful about returns when you have to order sight unseen even you offer to pay 15% restocking.

Their business model is awful, and I am surprised they are still in business. I only use them when in a hurry and for convenience and that is becoming less and less. Their products are getting cheaper by the year in an attempt to hold on.

• fritzjim
    6 years ago

I just bought a used Ethan Allen Four-Poster Bed for $875. I am thrilled with it. The foot board has burned into it Ethan Allen 11-5632, 225 (I believe this is the finish code), 03-04-84 (probably date of manufacture), and 5/0 (designation for a Queen size bed). Many of the Ethan Allen four-poster beds I see available are "Georgian Court" style with carving on the posts. Mine was not of this style. I have not seen one like mine anywhere on he web either for sale or otherwise. It is more classical looking with nice rounded posts and acorn finials. The bed is solid cherry with a cherry finish (at least I believe that is the finish associated with Code 225). The bed looks new. The only thing that surprised me was the metal side rails, but I must admit that I am happy now that they are metal as these are stronger and would wear better than wood once you hang the cross members on them. The bed also has three metal cross supports and two adjustable supports that sit on the floor to support the cross rails. The side boards are painted to look exactly like the cherry wood head board, foot board, and posts. It is an extremely handsome bed that I believe was likely made before the company went off-shore. What has impressed me most about the bed is the classical style without any frou-frou. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has any information on the codes I have given above. Thanks.

• Vanessa Blanchard
    6 years ago

Horrified by these reviews. My.papwrwork reads I have 72 hours to completely cancel. So very disappointed but cannot risk spending this kind of money to wait 2 months or more without something to sit on only to have leather peel and pieces to look like they were from a discount outlet. Sounds to me if Ethan Allen is this bad so are the others. Will go to a local outfit in Houston for 40 years. After I get my deposit back tomorrow. :(

• judi96
    6 years ago

We bought a couch from EA at a premium price because we wanted to buy what we thought was a high end reputable piece as it is at the center or hub piece in the house. Upon delivery the couch looked bad. Customer service had another made and sent out. Very shortly after it started to look just like the original. A representative viewed the couch and said that is the way it is - we just have to take the pillow covers and re-position them. This could be a weekly job as the fabric slips on these pillows upon single sittings. Of all the couches we have owned over 40 five years I have never experienced such poor quality. Now, after 3.5 years we are in the market for another sofa. My recommendation is if you are looking for quality stay away from Ethan Allen.

• juliemoose
    6 years ago
    We will never buy anything from Ethan Allen again; our experience, from quality to customer service was terrible. It was so bad, that when we had to replace some of the furniture, I was stressed out thinking about it. We went to Raymour and Flanigan thinking it was going to be even worse, because we knew it couldn't be even as high quality as EA-but guess what? The furniture was better made, has held up better, and customer service was 1,000% better.
  • Kay Lewis
    6 years ago

I am so nervous I really like the retreat sectional from EA and the designer is coming out tomorrow after we spent 2-3 hours with her today. I feel so bad BUT I cannot afford to spend over 5K for poor quality.:( so confuse seems as though most of the furniture stores has bad reviews. Maybe I should pull up a youtube video and make my own lol

• Debby Brandenburg
    6 years ago

I worked with Jennifer on the design of my bedroom and couldn't be more disappointed with the finished room. The scale of one of my nightstands is too small and she has refused to do anything about it because it was a custom-finish order. The nightstand and matching dresser look like something that came from Steinmart...quality is very disappointing. She was very persuasive with her design during the presentation and convinced me that I should trust her and move forward. I did and absolutely hate the room!!! Ethan Allen refuses to change out lamps and artwork as it has been too long. I just got my final pillows this morning after hoping that this would pull it all together...now they refuse to even take back their in-stock art and lamps. I feel like I have completely wasted a large amount of money and feel angry every time I walk into my bedroom. Ethan Allen and Jennifer do not care at all about providing customer service and helping to resolve the problem. Do not use Jennifer or Ethan Allen - beware!

• Karen Hamilton
    6 years ago
    Does anyone want to sell their Ethan Allen Tuscan leather sleigh bed? I have been looking for one after missing an opportunity to buy one. It is queen size.
  • norma mayes
    5 years ago

I have a Pennsylvania House poster bed to sell with highboy, triple dresser & 2 nightstands.

babbie1325@gmail.com

• ironwoman1212
    4 years ago

Kay Lewis, did you get the retreat couch, and if so, did it work for you?

• stgeorgedecor
    3 years ago

I can save customers a lot of regret by warning them to NOT buy furniture from Ethan Allen. Their pieces are NOT quality furniture, and the company doesn't stand behind anything - even if it is obviously their fault. They only want your money!

• HU-688382420
    3 years ago

There quality control seems to be on vacation and they try to make you think it is the way you are looking at things. The did not remember to order the nailheads, The piping on the side of the couch is there then disappears and the seam is bigger then the other side. Three week wait for a technician. Prior to that the sales rep came out and told me it looked good to her and argued with me for 30 minutes. Now I have a supervisor who did not even read the report because when we were speaking about what was wrong with the piping she kept telling me it was a matter of person preference.

• Andrea Dunlop
    2 years ago

I purchased a living room set (couch, recliner, entertainment center) in 2017 from your Jacksonville office. I had some damage occur in December 2020 and January 2021. I submitted a claim in February and was denied because it was out of the reporting window. However, it took me TWO weeks to get a hold of someone in order to file said claim, after I was provided the number by one of the Ethan Allen associates and my order #4959705759. After noting the delay, I was later told by your customer service representative and Guardsman that the delay in reporting was my fault and it could have be done online. Guardsman then took 3 weeks to get back to me. If it is critical that reporting be done in a specific time frame, then why is a delay getting back to me acceptable? Specifically, I am having issue with the quality of your products and the guardsman furniture protection you sold. The finish has worn off on the top of the entertainment center and the couch stains/discolors easily. I have filed a complaint with the BBB for guardsman furniture protection you sold me. Not only did they take multiple attempts to respond to the complain and 30 days, they don’t answer the phone, return messages, and you stay on hold for hours. They report these issues and delays to COVID, but I am not afforded the same rights. Refusing coverage during the pandemic to an essential healthcare worker because it is out of the time frame is despicable. I didn’t report it in the appropriate time frame due to working at Cedars Sinai, a 1000 bed trauma center in downtown Los Angeles, during the peak and also didn’t feel comfortable having someone in my home until vaccinated which resulted in delay of reporting. My protection plan provided by Ethan Allen does not have this disclaimer. I emailed Ethan Allen customer service who said they would forward my request for help to the regional team, which I never heard back from. After having to reach out twice, the same customer service representative who initially disregarded my email from the local store called me to inform me that she spoke to Guardsman on my behalf and there was nothing more she or Guardsman can do for me. Not everything is black and white, this is a very fluid situation. Like travel carriers have adjusted their policies to account for things outside of control due to pandemic, exceptions can be made for certain circumstances. NO THANKS HERE TO HEALTHCARE HEROES.

• HU-481308230
    2 years ago

I think it honestly depends on which pieces you purchase. I recently outfitted my master suite with the Somerset sleigh, the Elliott double dresser, the Leora tall chest and Eugene nightstand. Gotta say, it is a gorgeous set and extremely well made. All of these pieces are probably at the top of EA's quality scale, but I feel it was money worth spent. I have even had to use their repair tech and he was amazing! I don't believe it was Guardsman, however (I honestly shudder from the thought for when I will have to use them). I also have another set from about 15 years ago (British classics) which has held up well.

My opinion is that you probably would want to steer clear from most their sofas and other mixed textiles, anything leather.

• Gayle
    2 years ago

I have a 20 year old georgian court dining room set. Aside from the cherry wood being very soft and easy to nic, It has held up well. I recently purchased a metal bed. It went on sale the following week, when I called and asked for a price adjustment, I was pleasantly surprised that it was handled quickly and graciously. Unfortunately, you can’t compare quality from 20 years ago to today, but you can be sure the prices are the same.

• Susan
    2 years ago

We bought a sofa and chair from Ethan Allen which we couldn't use. The cushions are not stuffed right. Ethan Allen sent out a furniture repair man who said the cushions were poorly made. The repair man did not have the supplies to fix it. After two snail mail letters to the CEO we were told we'd get a eplacement. We did get a replacement which is as bad, if not worse then the first. The cuhions on the sofs's back are a mass of wrinkles and the seats the same overstuffed. Do not buy from this store. The quality has taken a nose dive. We will have to go to small claims court to get a refund.

• Vanessa Blanchard
    2 years ago

I bought the Hyde leather sofa hyde leather chair ottoman and distressed white TV console and french Bombay chest 5 yrs ago. Still look brand new. The sofa cushions could use a little more stuffing but hardly. Can anyone suggest a more reliable furniture store with good quality? Seems Ethan Allen products have become luck of the draw. $$$$ no thanks

• HU-281307178
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

• HU-281307178
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Bought this MARCUS LEATHER ETHAN ALLEN SECTIONAL $6,600 brand new never sat on. unfortunately have to sell if anyone interested pl contact. Firm price North Chicago area.

• Gerald Lunt
    2 years ago

We saved up for years after we were married to buy a table set from Ethan Allen like my parents had done (and were still using). It was fabulous! After having cub scouts, girl scouts, four kids with lots of play dates and 35 years of use, the table top had definitely seen better days. We gave it to our daughter and cheerfully went back to Ethan Allen.

We emphasized to our sales lady the importance of the durability--especially of the table top. We now have ten grandkids who visit often and always have craft projects going on the table.

After HUGE delivery problems, we were very excited for our new table set. Imagine our disappointment when we saw PERMANENT scuffs the next day (no grandkids). We figured out that it was from my husband scooting the plastic butter container around. After a week the chairs had water marks on the wood from dusting them with a damp microfiber cloth, and the table top also had a chip in it (still no grandkids).

I read the warranty which I saw was only good as long as the table was always completely covered. Wtf? If I wanted to always have my table completely covered, I would have kept my old one.

My husband still had faith in Ethan Allen. He called our sales lady and sent pictures. She said that she would investigate and get right back. Nothing. I think he called once a week (she never did). About 6 weeks later, she said that there wasn't anything they could do because we had obviously voided the warranty by not having the table completely covered. We never even brought up the chairs.

We will NEVER shop at Ethan Allen again!!!!!!!

• Anna Stanley
    last year

i have to say that although two recent purchases (furniture) had some issues, Ethan Allen's service is exceptional, and they are taking great care in resolving the issues to my satisfaction. Restored my faith in them, still a customer.

• Mitzi T
    last year

I have a Brand new Ethan Allen sectional leather Marcus 5 sofas with chaise.. after I bought custom made I have to move and it is exquisite and I can not transport it. $6,600 firm.

• Mitzi T
    last year

I have brand new identical Ethan Allen Sifas 82” long custom made grey color mid century modern.

not sat on. im relicating so selking. each is $1464 price I paid. they are brand new.

• mmydesign
    last year

Ethan Allen is a shadow of what is was 20 years - design wise they are stuck in the past but even if thats your flavor they've hugely lowered the quality of the product over the years. their leather quality in particular is at the absolute low end from a quality standpoint and we had a very bad experience with a leather sectional we spec'd for a client. I still think the best upholstery comes out of North Carolina and we spec the relatively new NY-base co Maiden Home which makes all of its furniture in NC very often on projects

• HU-651340460
    last year

Has anyone had issues with wood bugs or beetles with Ethan Allen furniture? We bought a dining set about 20 years ago, which had what we believed to be intentional distressed markings. They were holes that had been finished over. Fast forward, and we now have a new set of holes that a pest inspector has identified as being caused by wood beetles. These beetles can lay dormant for more than 15 years. I suspect the wood had beetles in it when we purchased the dining set (ergo the distressed look), was finished over, the beetles were dormant, and they have now awoken and are eating the wood. Would love to know if anyone else has had this experience.

• HU-262692382
    last year

years ago - I ordered the milky white country table and 2 chairs from ethan allen . The table arrived looking fine the chairs were another story both chairs were yellow in color they ordered me a second set it also came in yellow and one was distressed the other was not . they said they would send somone to look at it and if it meets their standards its fine. I told them its nice to know that they get to tell me that a mismatched set i paid for is fine with them , i fought till i got my money back. then she procedded to tell me when they go to the furniture market fair they can tell me what they find that i might like! as far as im concerened the table came from a table maufacture and the chairs from another manufacture . i also have their American Dimensions bedroom set the furniture scrathes very easily and anything with weight leaves a permanent mark on the wood! I also didnt like that evertime you enter the store they go buzz somone to come running up to you following you around the store .

• HU-24356732
    last year

Bought 6 Windsor kitchen chairs from EA. Such inferior quality. The finish is easily marred and chipped. The dowels have all worked their way out. To add insult to injury, stamped on the undersides of the seats is ”made in China”! Ethan Allen made in China? BTW we are a retired couple and not in the habit of misusing our furniture.

• Arman GARA GULAGIAN
    last year

We recently spent almost $30K in Ethan Allen, Pasadena on a dining set and two sofas for our new condo.

To make a long story short, the dining tabletop had significant flaws, blemishes, chipped corners and holes filled with putty. Don’t fool yourself with in-store samples.

Once they have your money, you are stuck with what you get and no one takes responsibility for what has been delivered to your home.

The accent pillows that came with the sofas did not match our selected material and did not include the surrounding fringes.

Tiffany, the sales lady evidently had not placed the correct order according to our selected material.

Despite sending pictures of our selected material to Greg the manager as well as Tiffany, both of them still refuse to take any responsibility and accept their mistake.

After spending some $30 K in this store, they refuse to even replace $200 worth of pillows due to their own mistake.

When you are in Ethan Allen, you think you’re dealing with a reputable company until the furniture is delivered.

If you’re in the market for anything with after-purchase services and warranty, you’ll be better off avoiding Ethan Allen.

Their sales tactics are just like entering car dealerships.

Never again will I or anyone in my extended family shop at Ethan Allen.

Don’t give them any of your hard-earned money.

Horrible service, no accountability and their prices are very expensive.

They deserve numerous negative stars, if any star at all.

• Roses In Clay
    8 months ago

I have an Ethan Allen tavern dining table that was made in Feb 1970.... over 53 years ago! (July 2023 now). It still looks amazing, leaves and parts all work perfect. Minor wear and tear from over half a century of use. I don't know about the quality today, but in 1970 it was amazing.

• Jackie
    6 months ago

Nine months ago, I purchased a sofa and loveseat from Ethan Allen. We purchased it because of an understanding that the product was of superior quality and didn’t mind paying the price for such. However, and sadly, the product is not of superior quality for the price ($6,500). The spring down firm box back pillows are sagging on top, even while rotating weekly as recommended) only seven to nine months into owning. When I reached out to the local design center where I purchased, I was told that at the time of my purchase they were sourcing from a supplier who has since been determined not of the Ethan Allen standard. Unfortunately, they have chosen to not address, repair or replace the sagging cushions, despite admitting they used an inferior source.

• HU-797839994
    last month

It's cheap -poor quality. $3K for a dresser I cannot use because the clothes smell like formaldehyde. It's under 2 years old and they won't honor the 5 year warranty.

ETHAN ALLEN is crap!