Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Removing mildew from wood furniture

Posted by lesmis (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 10, 09 at 6:51

I have a chest of drawers that has been in an unoccupied house for the last 2 years and noticed yesterday that it has several spots of mildew/mold on it due to lack of circulation in the house. How can I remove the mildew and mold spots before bringing it in to my house? It's an antique chest with only a wax finish I believe.

Thanks in advance!

Kat :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Removing mildew from wood furniture

I had to store a wood armoire for a couple years and when we went to move we discovered mildew on it. I did a search online and found a product that worked well for us and the product is advertised to be environmentally friendly which appealed to me. We used the product once on the armoire and it removed the mildew...that was 4 years ago and we haven't had any recurrence. I don't know if it is still available but it is called "Enviro-Magic" by Amazon Premium Products in Cumming, GA. Hope this helps you with your furniture! I hope too that you will soon be able to have some closure and peace of mind regarding your parents estate.

o
RE: Removing mildew from wood furniture

Thanks very much for the product info Welcometomygarden! Thanks also for the well wishes about the estate issues, it's been a long journey, but I've learned a lot along the way so it's not been all bad!

Kat :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here