Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sofa opinion, yay or nay

Posted by mrgrossm (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 15, 11 at 1:41

I'm looking to buy a new sofa. I currently have a sofa and loveseat combo, but am looking for something to take up less space but still keep lots of seating so I'm looking for a sectional.

I want a light colored sofa because the floor in the room is Brazilian cherry. I also have a cherry grandfather clock and a large cherry cabinet for my tv. I'm leaning towards leather because I'm afraid of staining a light fabric sofa! I'm also leaning towards a slightly modern look to balance out the formal wood furniture in the room.

Anyhow, any opinions on this sofa. Too trendy?
Yay or nay?

Here is a link that might be useful: Sofa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sofa opinion, yay or nay

I like it!

No affiliation, but we happened across a great sale at a place in Raleigh NC while visiting family. A place called Ambiente International is having a big retirement sale, with some good prices. They carry W. Schillig leather sofas and sectionals (we just ordered one during the sale), Natuzzi, and some other manufacturers as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ambiente Furniture

o
RE: Sofa opinion, yay or nay

I don't think you could get more than 4 people on it (except for kids and cuddlers) but I like it too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here