Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Family room layout and sectional advice

Posted by halejand (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 23:57

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've always come here in the past to ogle and drool over the home remodels (particularly the kitchen!). Spent a LOT of hours at work just clicking through pictures haha!

Anyway, I finally bought my first home and am in the process of furnishing it. At this stage, I am working on my living/family room, but getting pretty overwhelmed as far as finding the right sectional to fit in my space.

The room is shaped somewhat oddly, and you can see below the (very amateur) layout I've come up with for the space. The grayish item is supposed to be the sectional, and the brown boxes are tables, and the TV will go in the upper right of the diagram.

What do you guys and gals think of this layout? Is the sectional too ambitious and big? Is there a different layout that you would do?

Also, that Clive upholstered sectional I'm considering is about $5000 and is made by Lee. Any opinion on this choice? I heard Lee underwent some changes, and not for the good, but I'm not certain.

Please help! My head is spinning!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Family room layout and sectional advice

In my opinion Lee is a good choice. They make a nice product. I think most of their pieces are 8 way tied with solid wood frames but you might want to check out how your sectional will be constructed and what type of cushions are used.

o
RE: Family room layout and sectional advice

Sectionals tend to overpower a small room, have you thought about a small scale sofa and loveseat, with a small table in the corner. Also add an ottoman for comfort.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here