Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lenvt

Benchmark or Ekornes Stressless recliner?

lenvt
15 years ago

I've read through the recliner postings but no one has posted about Benchmark recliners. These are very similar in look to Ekornes Stressless recliner. Although the latter is crazy comfortable, the Benchmark Ventura style is not bad either. It is also on sale now for around $550, verses $995 sale in July-Sept for the Ekornes Stressless Consul recliner. Boring as it may be, money is an object here. I'd have to get the Stressless in a hunter green type color to get the sale price, so I'd do it. The E. Stressless has better head support, but I may have to settle. I just don't want to spend $550 on utter junk, but I'd be willing to save $400 if people have had good experiences with the brand. I have never bought a recliner before.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of the Benchmark recliners?

Anyone care to rave about their E. Stressless? The saleswoman sure did!

Thanks for any input.

Lenvt

Comments (5)

• mogator88
    15 years ago

Benchmark or Ekornes Stressless recliner?

Timex or Rolex? They both tell time the same...

• tess_5b
    15 years ago

Love, love, LOVE our Stressless recliners. Have had them for 2 years now and they have just been fabulous. We also bought the Manhattan sofa (we originally bought a different brand of sofa but had to return it and bought the Manhattan instead). All pieces have been worth the $$$ - we paid considerably more than $995 for our chairs (they were $2400 CDN each, and the sofa was $3200 CDN) but we feel worth it as they are the most comfortable recliners we found on our quest for new livingroom furniture. Our chairs are the Eagle style.

• lenvt
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tess 5b--

Thank you for your kind post sharing how much you love your recliners. Thanks too for the pix. Your room looks wonderful!

Last week I returned to the two stores selling the recliners, this time testing the Eknores first. Then I went and sat in that Benchmark recliner and it was so-- uncomfortable! It reclines --but not nearly as far as the Ekornes, the back support was non-existant and just plain weird, the mechanism choppy... What was I thinking?

While the Consul will be on sale until Sept. for $995, I'm thinking of waiting, saving up and going for the Mayfair. Feels like a cloud. I should be able to swing it by October, just in time for some serious winter reading. I've also been leaving the brochure all over the house just in case DH wants some serious brownie points for our 10th anniversary!

Thanks again for your input. I greatly appreciated it. (I love the couches too! I'd go for the Kensington Low back...) I'd love to try the senator but my local store does not have it on display. Boo Hoo.

Lenvt

Here is a link that might be useful: Mayfair

• Teresa Meyers
    3 years ago

I have to ask did you ever get your recliner? I really want a stressless but found a deal on a benchmark on the market place. Wondering if it’s worth it?

• margar
    3 years ago

Teresa, I have a Mayfair Stressless recliner that I have had for 3 years and I love it. I have back problems and it is the ONLY chair that I can sit and watch TV or read for any length of time. I highly recommend these recliners. With that being said, they have gotten crazy expensive...... But if you have back problems or anything remotely like that, these chairs can be a life saver for your back or body.