Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement foam for couch

Posted by bcurrey (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 22:05

Hello, I was curious to see if you guys could point me somewhere that sells replacement foam that I could get to replacement the foam in my couch. A couple of the cushions are starting to sink a bit. Everything I have seen is crazy expensive. Appreciate your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement foam for couch

Maybe crazy expensive compared to the price you paid for the sofa? Prepare to pay average 1.80 per 1" of seat cushion width for foam with no less than 1.8 density.

o

Crazy expensive and varies with petroleum prices. If you get cheap, then you will have soft cushions again in a couple of years.

About any upholsterer can make you replacement cores.

If you want to do your own, you can custom order cut-to-spec foam from the link below. You'll have to add some dacron padding to it yourself, then. Not hard, but another step and more stuff to buy - sheet dacron and spray adhesive. They're local to me and that's where I buy my supplies. But they do ship US-wide.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunshine Foam

o

If you know who made your sofa you might contact them as the manufacturer may even replace the cores free of charge depending on their age or at low cost.. You could also ask the retailer where you purchased your sofa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here