Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tehyajenz6

Broyhill Quality?

TehyaJenZ6
11 years ago

After looking everywhere locally for living room furniture, the only thing that has really tickled my fancy is the McKinley from Broyhill. Couch, chair and a half, and ottoman will run me about $3,000.

Is Broyhill a decent enough brand and worth the money? Their warranty seems better than average with a 3yr warranty on cushion core, 1 yr on fabric and lifetime on frame. Sinuous coils. Should I go for it?

Comments (2)

• jefff123
    11 years ago

Broyhill has a long history of being a reliable mid-priced furniture manufacturer. Although $3000 sounds like a lot of money you are buying three pieces of furniture so I'm guessing the sofa is probably closer to $1500. Although sinuous coils cost the manufacturer considerably less than the gold standard 8 way hand-tied coils, they will last just as long (if not longer)and very few people have rear-ends that are sensitive enough to tell the difference in comfort.

• sally111
    11 years ago

I bought a Broyhill sofa in 1999...thirteen years ago...and retired it to the basement this weekend. I paid around $800-900. It would still be in use but the cushions, casings, and upholstery have been subject to kid abuse and disaster. It's a solid couch in a classic style and I feel like I got my money's worth. I've noticed makers are now attaching cushions - may make a difference / less long lasting.