Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamageek

Flexsteel leather furniture

mamageek
11 years ago

In August, 2008, we purchased a leather sofa and matching chair. We take very good care of our furnishings, so imagine our distress when the leather began to peel in spots. This was after the one year warranty. It looks awful and we keep a cover over it because it looks disgusting. We cleaned the leather as we were directed. We have taken one of the cushion to the local dealer, Marquis Furniture, Shawnee, Oklahoma, and they referred us to a repair person that they use. I do not feel that the Manager of the store really cared about our unhappiness. However, they certainly were happy when we spent the $3,000 in their store.

The frame has held up well and we are please with the comfort. However, that does not help with the appearance of the leather. It is not cracked but peeling. We took the cushion to another furniture store in town, and the owner said that he had never seen that type of peeling before on furniture.

I have contacted Flexsteel by email and hope that we get replacement parts. At this point, I would not buy leather furniture from them and would recommend that no one else does either.

Comment (1)