Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flexsteel leather furniture

Posted by MamaGeek (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 18:51

In August, 2008, we purchased a leather sofa and matching chair. We take very good care of our furnishings, so imagine our distress when the leather began to peel in spots. This was after the one year warranty. It looks awful and we keep a cover over it because it looks disgusting. We cleaned the leather as we were directed. We have taken one of the cushion to the local dealer, Marquis Furniture, Shawnee, Oklahoma, and they referred us to a repair person that they use. I do not feel that the Manager of the store really cared about our unhappiness. However, they certainly were happy when we spent the $3,000 in their store.

The frame has held up well and we are please with the comfort. However, that does not help with the appearance of the leather. It is not cracked but peeling. We took the cushion to another furniture store in town, and the owner said that he had never seen that type of peeling before on furniture.

I have contacted Flexsteel by email and hope that we get replacement parts. At this point, I would not buy leather furniture from them and would recommend that no one else does either.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flexsteel leather furniture

Mama try Flexsteels home office ask for the customer service manager 563-556-7730. Have pictures ready and email the pictures to the manager customerservice@flexsteel.com. You might even call and get this persons name and email the pictures and then call so they will see what you are talking about. You might try to find out where they got this leather. Who was the distributor and contact them. It's been four years they may not even have this leather but maybe they do. Where is the peeling all over on just in certain areas. If it is not too bad a good leather tech might be able to repair this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here