Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rummy_gw

Is 11,000 a good price for a Henredon dining table set?

rummy
17 years ago

My local store is offering me the Ashton court dining table with 8 chairs for 11,000 including shipping and tax. Is that a good price? I am getting the chippendale chairs and 2 arm chairs.

Thanks

Comments (10)

• loren11
    17 years ago

a lotta money, but if u/can afford it and love it, plus own it for oh so many years.
    i prefer to change things so would not invest that much money.

• rummy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have owned cheap dining sets before and didnt love them. The dining table is a work of art. I think I will love it for a lot of years. I am wondering if this is a good deal or not?
    Thanks

• Ideefixe
    17 years ago

I'd buy a nice semi-antique set (less than a hundred years old) for less than that and get something more interesting, but that's just me. If you love this set, that's what matters, but you're not investing. Henredon isn't going to grow more valuable.

• alex2004
    17 years ago

My rule of thumb is: for a good brand, if it is more than 40% off MSRP, it is a good bargain. If it is more than 50% off, it is an excellent bargain. I bought my Henkel Harris dinning table and credenza at 45% off. I never regret my decision. They will last for the rest of my life, and maybe my children's. Every day when I pass by my dinning room (because I don't use it everyday), I feel happy. so it is well worth it.

• realdreamer
    17 years ago

Before you buy check out the prices at Boyles in SC.
    Boyles Furniture - ask for Brenda Hawkes
    2220 Highway 70 S.E.
    Hickory, NC 28602
    Phone: (828) 326-1735
    www.boyles.com
    I've purchased Kindel, Baker, Hickory Chair, Wildwood, Kingsdown, and Bernhardt furniture thorough Brenda and paid less than what my local store quoted. Never had a problem with their delivery service or customer service. Boyles has to collect sales tax for all out of state sales. However, prices are still below local prices.

Call Lexington Furniture Company in Kentucky lexfurniture.com. 859 254-5362. I have furniture on order with them right now, so I cannot speak to their delivery service. I'm told that their D&D delivery service is terrible, so I requested they use Sun Delivery. Costs an extra $100, so I hope it is worth it. They don't collect sales tax unless you are in KY. However, I do like the customer service at Boyles better.

• rummy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone. I checked the price at Boyles and the local store was cheaper so I decided to go with them.

• pharaoh
    17 years ago

photos?

• alicap
    10 years ago

My mom purchased a henredon dining set probably close to 30 years ago which i now how and trying to sell. But she paid $25,000 for it then. You get what you pay for! You can beat quality, some of the junk they sell today is just awful. Im sure you will love your new set and get many years out of it.

• LuAnn_in_PA
    10 years ago

New set?

It is at least 7 years old now... if the OP even got it!

• freethinker99
    10 years ago

Furniture Brands which owns Hendredon is having some problems. Confirm that your retailer can get a set from Hendredon.