Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small round dinette???

Posted by sunnny (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 11, 09 at 17:42

I'm also posting this in the kitchen forum in hopes of getting some good ideas.I'm looking for a small round kitchen/breakfast table with either 2 or 4 chairs. I'd love a stone or decorative top. NO GLASS!! You know the kids finger print things! LOL As for the wood color my cabinets are a medium oak with light travertine tile floors but I could go darker with the wood or one of the iron ones such as from Ashleys. We are updating a small nook and my large oak table is just not going to work there. For chairs - an iron would be nice and padded cusions would be ever better.
Does anyone have ideas of something specific you've seen or a good site with reasonable prices? My hubbie can ship with his shipping company so that isn't a problem for us.
I LOVE this forum and figured someone might have ideas.
Thank you so much,
Mindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small round dinette???

I haven't seen any round tables that I can remember with a stone or decorative top that weren't considered outdoor furniture. However, some of the outdoor furniture that I've seen like this could easily work indoors as well, at least as far as the table goes. Most of the chairs tend to be somewhat oversized and may be too big for what you're saying is a small nook. You can also consider having an Oak base made in a pedestal shape and having a piece of either granite, marble, or even corian top made. There are many small scrap pieces available at stone yards that can be cut to size for a minimal fee. I think for what you're looking for, you may be to think outside the box.

As far as chairs goes, the only concern I've had with iron and this is from personal experience, is that they tend to be heavy. They can also scratch the travertine floors. I think it's nice to use Parsons chairs to bring in more color to the kitchen. I've bought them twice from Carrington Court at very reasonable prices and the quality was exceptional. They are available with casters which will roll easily on the tile floor.

I'm always on the lookout for furniture so if I see anything online, I'll check back to see if you've found something or let you know. Hope these ideas help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here