Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to support box spring in antique bed frame?

Posted by carinr (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 11 at 17:35

Friends, I just bought a wonderful antique bed that has no slats or anything to support the box spring and mattress. Here it is with the box spring and mattress in place:

IMG_1560

The box spring just rests on the inside edge of the frame, but has nothing to support it in the middle. For the moment, I've piled lumber underneath to a height where it meets the wood of the box spring, which sits 8" off the floor when it's resting on the edges of the antique frame. I'm wondering, though, whether there's a more elegant solution. Does somebody make a frame that could sit completely within the antique frame and support a twin-size mattress, but not extend QUITE all the way to the edges of the mattress? I'm thinking something like a futon frame, but something that would be easy to assemble inside the antique bed would be great.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to support box spring in antique bed frame?

you could make some side rails, they lay slats across them, or get some Metal L Brackets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here