Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bunk beds

Posted by jane37 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 8, 06 at 16:13

We are looking for good quality all wood bunk beds for our three year old son. I like some of the painted wood beds (think fire engine red) that I have seen on the Internet, but I am not sure about the quality of the constuction and paint job. Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer (or bad) for these beds. I looked through some old threads and someone mentioned Stanley furniture. Any others? Ideally, I also would like to buy a matching/coordinating dresser. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bunk beds

hey, jan37

I hope the follwoing link would help, they have a wide choice bunk bed for your child.

Best of luck
Jeff

Here is a link that might be useful: Child Bedroom Furniture

o

Ragazzi makes great furniture. They are considered high-end, so I'm not sure how much $$$ you want to spend. I am getting my DS Ragazzi furniture next year when he's ready, as I have been pleased with his nursery furniture from the. Also note, they do have bunk beds in Red (via Colors of the Rainbow collection). GL!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ragazzi

o

Rumble Tuff and Mother Hubbard are less expensive good brands

I assume he is sleeping on the bottom until age 6

o

I posted a similar question a few months ago. (Still haven't bought the bunk bed!) I was advised to look for Stanley or other maple bunk bed sets for sale used in my area or on Ebay -- that these are the best. I'm still thinking about it. I actually saw a pine bunk set for $200 at Big Lots, of all places, and gave it a few good shakes, and it seemed very sturdy.

Not to hijack the thread, but who is this Jeffcai person and what is he selling?

o

Be really careful of used Bunks. I almost bought one on Ebay until I found out that the top bunk only had a rail for one side, not the other which is a HUGE safety hazard

This bunk was very similar to a bunk being sold by a retailer except that one had a fully enclosed top bunk. The bunk being sold on Ebay was only a few years old but standards had changed

o

We are very happy with the Ragazzi bunk beds and furniture as well.

o

Ragazzi is out of business.

o

I hope this post isn't too late to be helpful. After much research, I decided on Ethan Allen bunks for our 8-year-old. I could not be happier. They are made of maple, very well constructed, look good, and delivery and set up was a dream. The price was not cheap but not bad for the quality and service.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here