Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
puterputz_gw

Help me in selection of sofa please!

puterputz
13 years ago

Hello,

I have been suffering from a bad back and am going to replace our living room furniture with either loveseat/sofa or sectional which will include recliners. It will need to be leather because of 3 dogs. I want to stay in the $4000.00 price range roughly. Can you please give me some ideas of good midrange quality furniture? We like a more contemporary look but comfortable.

I know this may be a difficult question to answer, but I invested $3000.00 in a Sterns and Foster Bed because of my back and wanted good quality and long story short. It sags over the 1.5 inch and am having a difficult time with the company and warrenty.

My Natuzzi set has worn out finally after 15-20 years but after reading I guess they aren't considered that good of a manufacturer? I am not sure if what used to be good isn't anymore or what. I can't afford to invest money into furniture that won't last at least 10 years. We don't have kids so the furniture doesn't take a beating.

Thank you for your help and suggestions. For what it is worth, a furniture store is trying to talk me into a Palliser sofa.

Comments (5)

• btheater
    13 years ago

I was actually going to recommend Palliser before I saw your last sentence. The brand is more on the contemporary side and they tend to offer a large range of models. Quality is good and warranty is the best out of any major brand that I have come across and that includes the Ashleys, Lanes and Berklines of the world just to mention a few. They offer a far more extensive warranty on the material where most warrant material to 1 year.

• puterputz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for your help! Regarding Palliser.
    The Horizons by Palliser is considered mid range from what I read, and would be fine, but I don't care for the looks they have available... but regular Palliser is considered a step down. That was my reasoning on staying away from it.
    FYI, Natuzzi was considered budget, Palliser was one step up from that, and Horizons by Palliser was one step up from the regular Palliser.

• shelende
    13 years ago

I have been reading the reviews for Bassett and the reviews for quality and customer service are such that I am leery of even looking at their store. The reviews make the company out to be really terrible.

• mileybam
    13 years ago

Hope you find a good one

• susanelewis
    13 years ago

The best sofa I have ever owned (actually we still have 2 of them) are by Conover Chair in NC. They don't have a strong presence in the MidWest where I am at this time, but seriously they are 24 years old and need recovering due to stains, etc but there is not one thing wrong with their construction and their workmanship is second to none.

You might hear that they are out of business but they are not. They were just bought out by a different family but their standards and workmanship are still the same. We are opting to have them recovered instead of buying new ones.

Another good company for sofas is Norwalk. They literally are a stone's throw from my brother's home and have been in business for ages. Candice Olson from Divine Design has her own line through Norwalk.