Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

Recliners that do not look like 'recliners'~~

phoggie
15 years ago

I am looking for recliners (need 2) that do not actually look like those big bulky ones, but do want something comfortable. I saw some once that were kinda like wing back, had skirts, and swiveled....but I have searched and searched and can not find the brand. If anyone has pictures of their recliners, please post them for me.

Thanks~~

Comments (8)

• john_wc
    15 years ago

Price range?

• lewbloom
    15 years ago

I think La-Z-Boy has the best! Another suggestion is to get two cozy chairs and an big ottoman that can be used as a foot rest/coffee table. For a foot rest you simply pull it up to your new coxy chairs and for a coffee table just place a large tray on top of it. Have fun getting comfy!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• mogator88
    15 years ago

Dutailier has a great line of recliners.

• dontcallmeshirley
    15 years ago

I bought two small recliner club chairs on sale at JoAnn's Bed and Back 9 years ago. They still work great with everyday use and are very comfortable. You'd never know they were recliners.

• duanerc
    15 years ago

phoiggie,

There are many that will work for you. Too many to list! Just some that come to mind are Bradington-Young, Southwood Furniture, Hancock and Moore, and Leathercraft. Check out their websites and you'll find them.

Duane

• catslikemice
    15 years ago

Check out the Mitchell Gold collection of recliners. I have a pair of the Crate and Barrel version of one of their chairs in a microfiber. It's held up very well. Pottery Barn also has a recliner that doesn't look like a recliner.

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mitchell Gold

• susan209
    15 years ago

I was just out today looking for recliners or chairs/ottomans as I am to sit with my feet up (swelling). So I found Smith Bros. of Berne and it was heavenly - chair with a round thing on the right side under the armrest that you could adjust the chair back like a recliner without using one of those wood handles. Also it had a ottoman........see the chair would recline but your feet would be up on the ottoman. The chair I tried was #932 and it was more comfortable than all of the Lazyboys (yes, I did sit on all of them that the store had, ofcourse it was not a reg. Lazyboy dealer store but they had more than enough to try out.). Go on the to Smith Bros. of Berne furniture site and you can also see the recliners. There was a very wide array of fabrics that I thought were fabulous. From what I understood you could use any of the fabrics on the chair I was speaking of, they had it on the floor in wonderful leather, with nailheads and the ottoman was a half circle. Boy I can't say enough things about it. Now I just have to decide what I want to buy. Berne Furniture is not longer in business and they had exceeding well made furniture and I don't know it this was an offshoot of them, I have no clue but in the stuff I read on the site, they have been in business for 80 yrs. At least look them up and look at styles, the one I like was wonderfully comfortable.