Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need names of sofa & loveseat mfrs , not expnsv but not junk

Posted by shelly2 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 18, 10 at 15:46

There are a few companies that I am considering for a sofa and loveseat for my den but when I google the reviews, they are so terrible for every co. I check out. Also some of the info on this forum is dated 2007 and 2008 and the companies have changed how they make their sofas since then.
Can anyone recomend a midpriced company for a couch and loveseat. I would appreciate a list of the current companies that would make furniture that would not give me aggravation. I am not looking for a forever couch but I would like the couch and sofa to look and feel good for about 7-8 years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need names of sofa & loveseat mfrs , not expnsv but not

Fabric? Leather? Micro Suede?
Mid priced?
Motion?
Location?
What companies were you considering?

o

Ronniner, thanks for responding. I am looking for fabric of any kind in order to keep my costs down.

o

My suggestion would be to look at the following brands for what you need:

Berkline
Lane
Ashley
Palliser

Best quality is Berkline and Palliser.....Ashley and Lane are not bad they are just so big that their complaints get visibility online because they have such a large portion of the market.

Go with a Berkline sofa that starts with '1' in the model name for the best deal. They are their import models and actually are decent quality. It is one of the import seats that I have had good experiences with.

o

What are the price points for Berline and Palliser - I am also in the market and am trying to find brands.

Not to hijack the thread, but i prefer leather, no motion and in NYC...

thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here