Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kwajkid_gw

Considering Huntington house sofa

kwajkid
9 years ago

We are considering buying a new sofa for the first time in 15 years, and really liked a Huntington House model we saw today. Sales lady says it has a lifetime warranty, is hand tied, etc.

Does anyone have tights on the quality? I can't afford top of the line, but want something sturdy. Especially in the cushion stuffing, which is where our current one is showing wear.

Thanks!! So daunting to pay $3k for one sofa...

Comments (16)

• PRO
    Elite Interiors & Furniture Gallery
    9 years ago

Huntington House makes a nice product; you do need to realize that the sales person was a little deceptive in using the "lifetime warranty" as a selling point as the warranty would be on the frame & most upholstery manufacturers consider the "lifetime" of upholstered item 10 years.

• PRO
    V-Dub Furniture Store In Arizona
    9 years ago

Huntington House really make very nice furniture. They still build their own solid hardwood frames and 8-way hand tied spring seats.

• freethinker99
    9 years ago

I agree they make a nice product built to a high standard.

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    9 years ago

I hear different states have a different limit on what the lifetime of your sofa warranty is. Keep this in mind when talking with the sales person. either she does not know her product or shy was lying by omission.

I am in the industry and HATE that stuff. Have some fun with her and ask her how many years that is. if they put it in writing they will cover your sofa until your plug is pulled I will be much impressed.

• jewelisfabulous
    8 years ago

I understand that Huntington House is formerly Clayton Marcus. True? Also, OP -- did you buy the HH sofa? Has it held up well?

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    8 years ago

Rowe owns Clayton Marcus and builds that product in the same plant in Virginia, the only real difference in a Rowe sofa and Clayton Marcus is the 8way coil springs and maybe some cushion options. Same frame and pretty much same quality.

Now Huntington House did recently purchase the old Clayton Marcos plant in Taylorsville, NC. which needed a complete renovation. Their still working on that, planning to possible move upholstery their with cut-sew in their current plant, not too far away.

• otterkill
    8 years ago

I purchased a previously owned Huntington House sofa at a consignment shop about four years ago. It is down and foam filled with a chaise on each end. It is an awesome sofa and the kicker...I only paid $500 for it and that included a square glass, oak and wrought iron coffee and end table. I just rotate the cushions and vacuum every couple of weeks. I love it!

• PRO
    Elite Interiors & Furniture Gallery
    8 years ago

Have never heard that Huntington House was owned by Clayton Marcus & rmanbike is correct that Clayton Marcus is now owned by Rowe.

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    8 years ago

Huntington House just purchased the formally Clayton Marcus plant, other than that they have no relationship to Clayton Marcus.

• Carmen Davis
    3 years ago

I’m going crazy trying to assess who and where to purchase my sofa? What is the difference in the quality construction of a Rowe sofa and Huntington House?

• Jennifer S
    3 years ago

Following - what did you buy?

• Moni Chim
    3 years ago

It seems like Huntington House has partner with Maiden Home furniture as some customers report seeing their tags on them.

• kevsu2002
    3 years ago

I've been looking at Maiden Home but the online comments seem fishy.

• Joan Burke
    8 days ago

I paid a lot of money for a Huntington House sectional sofa (around $6,000). Our household is 2 senior adults, no children or pets. Within the first 6 months the fabric started to pill very badly and now I have to use the fabric shaver a couple of times a month. The store did send someone out to look at it but all they did was use a fabric shaver and tell me fabric isn’t a warranty item. In hindsight, I wish I had purchased a cheap sofa that I could just toss it and replace it. I won’t be fooled by this brand again.

• otterkill
    8 days ago

I guess their quality has changed, like everything else. Mine is still going strong, used everyday by 3 couch potatoes, one being a Standard Poodle! It has to be at least 10 years since my consignment find. Best $500 I’ve ever spent! (see my previous post).