Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimandanne_mi

Sherrill grade 8, 80% rayon 20% poly, wear medium cleanability SW

jimandanne_mi
14 years ago

Would you get this fabric for living room chairs? Ideally, there would have been a mix of some other synthetics, and a wearability of heavy. Wearability of "medium" doesn't tell me much, other than indicating that relative to "heavy", it will not last as long! How does the industry determine wearability, and is it the same from manufacturer to manufacturer? What does "cleanability SW" mean?

The fabric has a very fine (1/4") overall pattern and the color is a burgundy/rust. We have looked at LOTS of fabrics, and this seems to be the only one that works with our many colors and patterns in the living room. I know very little about furniture and upholstery, since I've bought mostly used furniture (good quality) at garage sales earlier in my life. I'm most concerned about this dark color, with 80% rayon, showing wear early on. Any rayon clothing I used to buy wore out at the seams quicker than anything else I ever owned. Should I be concerned about the Grade 8, or would that likely be because it is one color and a simple pattern?

Any insight you can offer in helping us to decide if we should buy the Sherrill chairs with this fabric will be greatly appreciated.

Anne

Comments (3)