Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Furniture arrangement

Posted by jen_la75 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 12 at 14:11

Would you guys put a chaise long ways in front of these windows or two chairs and a table??Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Furniture arrangement

Two chairs and a table would definitely look nice in front of the window. I think the chaise would take away from your sectional. Even a nice bench with end tables on both sides would look good.

o

I agree with Brian two chairs would look better. The chaise would be too much for the room.

o

I wouldn't place anything stopping that gorgeous natural light from flowing into the room. I'd get a wall fitting for your television and place it above the fire place with the peripherals hidden in a side box. Next I'd place the coffee table adjacent to the fire place and place your corner sofa plus additional seating around this coffee table. Have a rug under the lot. I've got a good article below on the layout of living rooms that I wrote. Take a look. Notice how in the open window apartment there are stools instead of chairs, you could get away with those as a quick fix.

Here is a link that might be useful: Article on Separating your Living Room and Dining Room

o

I would put two petit matching chairs there. I also think mounting than television may be a great touch with a console underneath as opposed to a media cart. If you like the ottoman consider a big attractive tray so it can serve as a table better.

Not sure if you are interested in some paint ideas: It might be a nice update to paint a bit. I would change your stained woodwork/fireplace/Ceiling a glossy shade of white. Then do 2-3 coats on the walls a shade of whiter gray or putty color. I think you'd be amazed by the brightening effect of losing the wood-stain and brick.

o

Agree with one of the posters above. Don't put anything next to window that stops natural light coming in. Adjust the seating arrangement near the fireplace. Chaise would be too much for the room along with sofa & chairs.

o

I also Agree with Crowealethea. Adjust the seating arrangement in front of the fireplace. It will looks good and you will also get natural light through the window.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here