Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
updating_gw

Dining End chair suggestions

updating
9 years ago

I just bought a Thomasville farmhouse style table and 6 chairs on craigslist. I'm very happy because nothing nice like this ever comes up on craigslist where I live, at the end of the road. I'm going to start refinishing the table (yes, I've done it before) and this table is lacquered, not stained, so will be easy to strip. I will reupholster the seats, and am leaning towards leather. I'll restain the wood to a rich brown with no orange. I have the Thomasville Hills of Tuscany Light Rustico in my living room, and am going to see if Sherwin Williams can stain match that color for me.

Anyway, the table only came with 4 side chairs and 2 end chairs, and the style is discontinued. I can remove the arms from the side chairs, which will then match the end chairs. I'd like to get two new end chairs. I looked at the Thomasville website, and none of the chairs there will go with the ones I have. Any suggestions on a style or where to look? I'm really limited on furniture choices where I live.

I'll post a photo of the chairs I have below. The table is in pieces, but it is oak, rectangular, very big with thick top and heavy legs in a farmhouse style.

Comments (5)