Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Redoing some 'found' chairs to coordinate with sofa

loves2read
11 years ago

We have 4 captain's guest chairs we took from our storage faciltiy that are in varying condition--they are same size but different coverings--two in vinyl and two in like maroon burlap fabric...

they need to have some work done on the springs/support but they are really a very comfortable chair

my intent is to reupholster them in fabric to corrdinate with sofa we intend to buy and use in vacation home we have recently bought in FL--Sarasota area--so it is sort of "beachy" even if not right on Gulf...

these are similar style of our chairs

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=captains+guest+chair&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1262&bih=847&wrapid=tlif133899950891110&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2708277389025548318&sa=X&ei=3ILPT6nUEqLu2gW3yNH3DQ&ved=0CM0BEPICMAE

I would use a Sunbrella type fabric and paint wood white

and this is the couch/seating fabric that we are going to buy from Rooms to Go

http://www.roomstogo.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=showItem&ipac_id=43285

It has a yellow but not screaming yellow color with beige/brown flora design...

we are probably going to get white tables if they look good against flooring in the room

That is a wood laminate with reddish cherry finish with yellow undertones..

we want to get an extension table so we can use smaller version day to day and extend it when we have more guests...

this house has open front living area that makes an L with kitchen at the back...and the seating area in the longer section in front of the kitchen---dining area on the short leg..,

there is slider door to lanai/patio in the dining area and three floor to ceiling fixed pane windows that face front yard where the seating area is--they have reflective film on them cause they face the west...

so there is natural lightbut subdued

the ktichen has Shaker style light cherry cabinets (not many) SS appliances and dark brown/black granite

What color choices would work for the material for the chairs--right now we are planning to use a love seat with two taupe leather chairs that go with the yellow fabric

and are painting walls Barbados Sand--neutral light tan

I was thinking a stripe or small geometric == because there is not much surface material to show on the chairs...

I only have 4 of these chairs

we can use them for every day and get 4 more wood folding chairs in white to use when we extend the table...

and I would like to add some color to that side of the room...