Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyc5e_gw

Thomasville Bogart Line - Dining Room

lyc5e
17 years ago

I like the styling of the Thomasville Bogart line for dining room furniture. I was wondering if anyone had any comments on the quailty of those pieces.

Also, does anyone know of any other manufacturers that have lines with a similar look to the Bogart pieces. (I'm moderately concerned about Thomasville quality for the price.)

Thanks!

Comments (15)

• realdreamer
    17 years ago

I don't know what the prices are for Thomasville, but I was recently in a Thomasville store and thought the quality good. It is not top rung, but it is a far cry from the bottom. I thought the quality better than Ethan AllenÂwhich surprised me as Ethan Allen was once pretty good stuff.

I, too, like the Bogart line. I thought the Bogart Luxe was pretty interesting too. The Bogart dining chair is a classic country style--but refined. It looks a lot like Baker's Barbara Barry dining chair, but with a twist and I am sure at a much better price. (link below) I have seen many knockoffs of the Barbara Barry chair, so if you look around I am sure you will be able to find something similar. As for the table, I have not seen anything comparable.

All in all, I think Thomasville has successfully created two unique collections in Bogart and Bogart Luxe. They are definitely the standouts in the Thomasville line. The rest of the Thomasville line is pretty conservative and traditional. You have a good eye for style.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• kgwlisa
    17 years ago

I'm checking this thread for replies as well. I am in love with the bunching chest from the bedroom collection of the Bogart line but the price seems really high. I haven't found anything like it anywhere else though so I suspect you are paying for the name and the design as much as the quality.

• scrapula
    17 years ago

I have two Thomasville pieces from the Hemmingway collection - a chair and a table. I did have a small problem with the top of the Kudu antler supporting the table top. It was easy to fix with solder, but Thomasville ordered me another table. They stand behind their product.

It took a long time for the pieces to come in. They were literally on a slow boat from China. So, if you want the set, allow several months for shipping.

• missy2
    17 years ago

I purchased the bogart dining room set a year ago. I also have the sunset console, melrose hall chest, bunching curio, round cocktail table, end table and a leather bench. The bogart furniture is in a living room that is seldom used. I like the style of the bogart line. I consider the furniture average quality, I would not purchase the furniture if I did not receive 40% off the regular price. I selected a less expensive thomasville product line for my bedroom. I have also recently purchased furniture from bassett, and ethan allen. I consider all of these furniture lines average quality in comparison to furniture my parents purchased thirty years ago that is still in good condition. Other furniture lines similar to bogart are usually more expensive because of the mahogany wood with burl or maple inlays. I believe Henredon has a similar dining table.

• kgwlisa
    17 years ago

Well we are going to purchase our furniture today. It's on sale for 40% off plus they are running a rebate for 4th of july through the end of this week. With the rebate it will come out to about 42-43% off which is probably about the best you can do on Thomasville (I've been reading that 40% as the magic number).

I'm not sure I would call it average quality, I think I would call it "medium" quality. There is so much low priced furniture out there that I think the "average" quality is quite a bit lower than thomasville (coming from someone who owns a mix of average quality furniture with a couple of antique pieces that are much higher quality). That's just semantics though, I think we are talking about the same thing.

I think it is worth it at 40% off though... we looked at lower end furniture (not higher end, the really good stuff is just way out of our budget) and there is a definite difference between thomasville quality and most of what is sold at generic furniture stores... of course there is also a definite difference in price, ESPECIALLY for the lines like Bogart and Hemmingway... but as you said, the burl inlays are going to cost more. I did notice that their other lines have prices much more in line with the higher end (like Stanley) of "average quality" furniture stores.

• missy2
    17 years ago

40% off with a rebate is an excellent price. My dh also said he would not consider Bogart average quality furniture. He says the quality is definitely above average.

• kgwlisa
    17 years ago

Sorry to bump up in case anyone is interested, but we finally took delivery on our pieces and we are very pleased with the quality. No complaints, and they are beautiful. Hope everyone else is enjoying their bogart. :)

• malini2020
    17 years ago

I can't seem to find any prices listed on the Thomasville site. I'm really interested in the Bogart pieces, but I'd rather not walk into the store blind. If anyone could quote some prices, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

• ydesigns
    16 years ago

i am an interior designer for Thomasville furniture in california if anyone need's pricing or questions on any collection please feel free to email me ysalazar@thomasville.com

Bogart is selling for 50% off +rebate going through 6/9/07

• tttianna
    16 years ago

to ydesigns:

i saw your post re the bogart line but your post is dated 7/6/07 and the sale/rebate you mention expired in june. is this a mistake???

• jlchasse
    16 years ago

The stores in Connecticut only have 50% off the floor models. They do not have the bedroom pieces in the showroom.
    I would love to see the items in person, they are made in china, according to a store rep here.

• mony4u2_juno_com
    16 years ago

I love the design. Bought all the dining room and much living room. Now have a scratch on the table. Was told by the refinisher that the furniture is made "to look at not to use", and "its a reproduction of fine furniture". All the professional refinishers will touch it because they are afraid that the thin veneer will come up with the finish. We paid a lot, and thought we were getting quality. I have 100 year old furniture that will be good forever. This is a one-time-use product. I would not do it again.

• mzdee
    15 years ago

You might be interested to know that they are selling this line on Overstock.com.

• Noshir Dubash
    5 years ago

I am also looking for 2 more chairs with the cross in the back. I wish I had purchased more.