Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samuel S. Case Cabinetmakers Furniture

Posted by simplicityseekerch (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 08 at 11:44

Has anyone purchased furniture from Samuel S. Case Cabinetmakers? I found them through their website. They seem to have a showroom and factory in Virginia. The furniture is pricey, but looks to be very well-made, although I would appreciate anyone's opinion who has experience with this company and its furniture. A link to their website appears below. Thank you.

http://www.samuelscase.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samuel S. Case Cabinetmakers Furniture

I haven't purchased any of their furniture, but I used to live in P'ville and have visited their show room. Their furniture was very well made, but you're right, I thought it was a little pricey. This is far from Pottery Barn stuff! This is the kind of furniture that will last you your lifetime and then you'll pass it on to your kids (or whoever wants 18th century style furniture).

o

In the niche of period reproductions, S. Case is not considered one of the better shops. Keep looking and you will find better options for that style of furniture at those price points.

Duane

o

Thanks, Duane. What I like about Samuel Case is that they have china cabinets to match sideboards and tables. Most of the other period reproduction furniture makers that I've seen seem to have absolutely beautiful tables and sideboards, but don't show china cabinets on their websites. Are there any that you could point me to? Again, much thanks.

o

Not many do china cabinets because they tend to get expensive.
Some sites you can check out are J.L. Treharn, Bucks Country Furniture, D.R. Dimes, 18th Century Furnituremakers (Mark Emirzian).

Samuel Case is not bad, but a lot of his pieces are belt-sanded and lacquer-finished, and some have poor board matches each time I've been in his showroom. For the price he charges they should have all those features.

Duane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here