Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lkplatow

Need cheap but not too cheap sleeper sofa

lkplatow
16 years ago

I've come to the conclusion that having a full bedroom suite in our guest room is a huge waste of space - I think we've had people sleep in there maybe twice in the past 5 years. I'd like to get rid of all the traditional bedroom furniture and replace it with a queen size sleeper sofa and a big worksurface desk so that we could use the room as an office/den/craft studio/sewing room. Besides having to find homes for some of the bedroom furniture (there are several antiques that have been in the family for a while and I would feel horrible selling them so I've got to pawn them off on other family members), I've also got to get this past dh, who is going to dig in his heels on budgetary concerns.

So...is there any hope of finding a nice looking sleeper sofa for less then $1000 - preferably a lot less? I've been looking on craigslist, but all the sleeper sofas I've seen have been pretty ugly, dated, or both. JC Penney seems to have a few that look nice, but I'm not sure about the construction. It doesn't have to be built like a rock - I expect it will get very limited use as a sofa - but I would like the bed to at least be somewhat comfortable so I'm not killing any elderly guests that I might have in the future.

Any experience with JCP furniture? Any other places I might look for a good deal on a comfy queen sleeper? Thanks!

Comments (3)