Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dorry2

Elite Interiors, Myrtle Beach, Opinions??

dorry2
14 years ago

Has anyone ordered from Elite in the last few years and, if so, were you happy with their service, the furniture and the delivery team? Several years ago I had read negative comments on this forum about their delivery company. Has anyone ordered recently - would be interested in your opinions and comments. THeir prices are definitely competitive. Thank you.

Comments (3)

• Marcia B
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I was sure I responded to this earlier- but my post is missing, so if it shows up twice sorry~
    Anyway, in the past year we have purchased furniture for almost every room in our new house. I ordered and have recv'd the majority from Elite. Overall I was very happy with the prices and service.

I did have one problem with delivery on a bath vanity. I was told it would be be delivered in October, and we finally got it I think in March! But that really wasn't their fault, it was a manufacturer problem. I posted about that a few months ago. Everything else came in on time or close to on time, the furniture was all in excellent condition(same case with everywhere I bought) and there were no surprise charges.

I posted a long review of them and other stores a few months ago. (linked)

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Here is a link that might be useful: previous review

• 1blue1pink
    10 years ago

In order to save a few hundred bucks, I ordered two identical Wesley Hall sofas from Elite Interiors in July of 2013. It is now almost April, 2014 and I still only have one of the pair…reminding me of the old axiom “you get what you pay for.” I would urge anyone who is contemplating placing an order with this company to reconsider, learn from my horrible experience and take your business elsewhere.
    It would take too long to share every example of the disregard for basic customer service practices, lack of follow-through, poor communication and general mistreatment I was afforded by Elite Interiors so I will share just the most important parts of my ordeal.
    When my sofas were delivered in late November, one of them had been badly damaged in transit and had to be sent back for repair (the back panel had been punctured and needed to be replaced). Instead of sending it back to Wesley Hall for repair, Elite’s trucking company (Reliable Trucking…yes, that’s really their name!) took it upon themselves to hire an “upholstery tech” to make the repair, which included replacing the nailhead trim along the bottom of the sofa back. Upon the return of this sofa (now January), I was disheartened by the quality of workmanship…the welt had a rippled effect and the nailheads were crooked and not spaced evenly. To make matters worse, there was a small area of new damage where a piece of base welting had pulled away from the frame. And… WORST of all…my sofa now had black smudges on both arms and the inside back where someone with dirty hands had handled it. I had no choice but to again send my sofa back to North Carolina. This is where dealing with Elite became the nightmare that has yet to end.
    I explained to Elite that, for what I paid ($3,000 each sofa),I felt my sofa should go back to Wesley Hall for proper repair this time and further explained that I felt the soiled fabric on the arms and back should be removed and replaced with new fabric. They insisted that they were “within their right” to let Reliable Trucking handle the repair a second time and to have my sofa professionally cleaned. I stated that I didn’t pay for a “reconditioned” sofa and that this was not going to be satisfactory. This process dragged out for weeks while I waited for responses that never came. I’m convinced they were hoping if they ignored me long enough, I would just give up. Instead, I kept going up the chain of command at Elite and Reliable. I went as high as I could with both companies and was appalled by the lack of professionalism at the highest levels.
    Ultimately, and thankfully, I turned to my credit card company who promptly issued a chargeback for the amount of one sofa. It was only then, when Elite no longer had my money, that they agreed to send my piece back to Wesley Hall and purchase the new fabric necessary to repair the damage properly. Elite has been nasty and non-communicative throughout, in fact, I’ve been forced to speak directly with Wesley Hall to learn the status of my order. They and my credit card company were the only ones “in my corner” who seemed to care that I got what I paid for and was a satisfied customer.
    So here it is the end of March…FOUR MONTHS since I should have had my sofa…and I am told it is back in Reliable Trucking’s warehouse, ready to ship to me. There’s just one catch: they want me to agree to uncarton and unwrap the sofa myself because of “past circumstances.” So, even though they were paid to deliver and set up my furniture, now I have to do it myself. Honestly, how much more unprofessional can you get?!?!
    Truly, this has been the worst merchant experience I’ve ever had in my entire life! If you have already placed an order with Elite--and used your credit card--know that you have rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act. If something goes wrong with your order, you don’t have to let them bully you into accepting their terms.

• TimB25
    10 years ago

Too late to help the original poster but we bought two Hancock and Moore recliners last year from Elite Interiors for delivery to Texas. We were totally satisfied with the entire transaction.