Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purchasing Leather Furniture

Posted by Wolfpackmom (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 9:16

Since December we have been considering the purchase of leather furniture. After several months of basic research and reading here - we are ready to start shopping. We are looking at Hancock and Moore, Bradington Young, and Smith Brothers (not made in NC), we are not firm on these manufacturers. Can anyone tell me in NC the best places to shop that are fair priced, customer service is good, etc.? We did outlet shopping about 6 years ago (one mart in particular) and we did not have a good experience once our purchase was made. We are not so sure about outlet shopping anymore, but are willing to try it again if a mart has a good recommendation. We are not interested in online shopping. Thanks for any help/information!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purchasing Leather Furniture

So you want the best of both worlds, wolfpackmom!
Your best bet is to come to NC, not to buy from the outlets which offer poor customer service after the sale, but to buy directly from the manufacturer. You can visit their plant, sit in their furniture, choose your leather or fabric and they will build it to your specifications and then ship to you.
If their is any problems you will know exactly who call at the manufacturer to have it taken care of.
The problem is none of these manufactures H&M, BY or Smith Bros offers this, but their is some you can buy direct from.

o

rmanbike, I guess I do want the best of both worlds! I live in eastern NC and will never return to one outlet that we have done business with. But just like any other profession/business, one bad apple doesn't mean they all are. Since we are not firm on any manufacturer, I would love to visit a plant, can you give me a few names you can visit in NC and buy direct from?

o

Leather furniture can be a beautiful addition to any home.There are many beautiful leather furniture sets that are affordable and are conveniently available online. In choosing the best leather furniture though, it is important to consider the quality of the furniture.A well made piece of leather furniture can last a lifetime.

o

Joseph002, We made our purchase today and went with Smith Brothers of Berne.

o

Most factory direct manufacturers are local to your area, but their are a couple that can ship anywhere. Try searching the web:
" factory direct custom sofas "
Factory direct means that you are buying directly from the owners of the factory, no middleman markup. So they will only offer their brand of sofa. If they offer more than one brand, their not factory direct.

Here is a link that might be useful: factory direct custom sofas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here