Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Removing scratches from leather seat cushions.

Posted by christyinco (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 28, 10 at 9:15

Can this even be done? We've had our leather furniture for about 10 yrs. and it is in great shape besides scratches on the seat cushions from - yea, the cat. Can anything be done about this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Removing scratches from leather seat cushions.

A leather repair tech can fill and recolor the scratches. It's not really a DIY job.

o

Recently heard of HOWARD refinishing products and heard they have one for leather pieces. One person said it cleaned up their leather car seats. You can call the company directly for particulars. I really like their Restor A Finish and Feed N Wax-esp for antique treadle machines. ( Am not related in any way to this company). Many of their products are non-toxic. I also plan to get their ButcherBlock Conditioner for the bowls I turn. Many of the Ace and HD folks carry this line.

If you try their product for leather, please let all know.

o

Why not have them recovered ( if the desgin allows) in a heavy weight fabric?

I am thinking about doing that w/my leather sofa, though, the leather is in perfect like new condition. I'm just tired of the all leather look. Luckily, my seats and backs are removable so it will be easy to get them made by "someone". Certainly not me...When I bought my sofa I made sure the leather was one that didn't scratch and I have a small dog and I don't have any marks on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here