Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tall Outdoor Chairs

Posted by eggplantlady (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 7:28

I'm looking for a source for tall (maybe called bar height) affordable outdoor chairs, or even better yet, plans (for a novice) to build them. We have a beautiful view from our deck, but normal height chairs and dining table put the railing right at eye level! I've found an easy table pattern and will just make the legs longer, but am lost as to the chairs. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tall Outdoor Chairs

In my opinion, chairs are one of the hardest things to build. Nothing on them is square, and pound for pound, they take more stress and abuse than any other piece of furniture. I'd recommend against DIY if you are a novice.

The average dining chair has 18" seat height, the average "countertop" chair has 24" height, and the average barstool has 30" height. First thing would be to decide which you need. Then the next thing is your budget, and style.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here