Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sofas that will last?

Posted by plinko (My Page) on
Mon, May 23, 11 at 23:31

Can you help us out with recommendations?

We are at a loss at where to get good sofas. Tired of buy new furniture every few years because cushions don't last.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sofas that will last?

Im curious, give me an idea what you think you should pay for a sofa with cushions that would last more than 5 years?

o

We've had great luck with Stickley.

o

What area of the country are you in? Are you looking for a single sofa,sofa with loveseat,sectional? And yes do you have a price range you're comfortable with?

o

Not info enough..apologies.

I don't think we can afford high end just middle of the road. Are there brands on this range? $1k to $3k. We are in PA.p

Sorry for the delay...work travel and i forgot about this thread.

o

Look at Bassett for Sofa & Love Sets that start around $1200 (they have a lifetime warranty) and Jackson Furniture would be a step down starting around $900 (they have a 5 year warranty on cushions) for the set. There are plenty of brands in the $3000 plus range that will lifetime warranty their cushions and a good store would be able to get new ones even if they breakdown over time. Bassett would be a great choice for your price range and they do stick behind their products, IMO. Just make sure you shop around and go online to check for the best pricing you can, it can make a big difference.

o

We went and looked at Bassett but did not find anythng that would mix with our room.

We ended up ordering a Nichols & Stone sofa today.

o

Please let me know how it holds up for you, they just recently started making sofa sets. I am familiar with their case pieces, but since they have only been doing sofas for about a year, am still leary.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here