Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leather Selection Queston

Posted by motleydog (My Page) on
Fri, May 25, 12 at 23:12

Shopping for a new leather sofa, I an intrigued with the Hancock and Moore American Buffalo leather, called Bozeman.

Does anyone have experience with buffalo leather, especially Bozeman? How does it compare to cowhide?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leather Selection Queston

Water buffalo most common in Asia, if you ever seen one, their is a definitely a distinct deference in their skins / hides. And so will be the leather thats made from these hides. Buffalo hides are usually thicker and stiffer compared to most "cow hides". But in the past decade, demand for leather has increased so much and so has the price, the buffalo has become more common, and so has the processing of the buffalo leather improved over the past few years. I dont think it will never match or be as good as the "cow hide". Maybe ok for a less expense option, but best to really take a hard look at their leather samples and compare, and dont let the manufacturer convince you that their can be a difference in quality and feel of the samples and the actual leather your getting, If they do it just means their quality control is in-sufficient.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here