Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sectional couch under $2k

Posted by katie111 (My Page) on
Thu, May 16, 13 at 23:08

We just redid our basement and are looking for a sectional couch for it. It will mostly be used for our 3 kids and their friends. Don't want to spend more than $2k and don't want leather. Can anyone recommend a particular brand that has held up well? Every time I find something I like in a store, I look up the brand and find that its not well rated. I'm tempted to just buy the cheapest thing I can find as nothing seems to last much past a few months to a couple years at this price point. Everyone seems to say they "wish they bought something else" but what is that sonerhing else? Even brands like Broyhill and Lazy-Boy seem to really be going down in quality lately.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sectional couch under $2k

I am really happy with my Flexsteel sectional.. it is looking very, very good after several years.

But I don't think it can be had for your price point.

o

katie111, unless you have a walk-out basement, have you considered how you will get the sofas into your basement?
Find a sofa for less than $1000 that has a solid hardwood frame; doweled and screwed together, spring seating and a HR high density foam seating, plus a lifetime warranty, covered in a durable and easy to clean micro-suede fabric is your best option. But this is a rare find!

Here is a link that might be useful: sofas for less than $1000

o

Rmanbike makes a number of good points you might be better off buying two well made sofas rather than a sectional.

Another good option for this would be to check out Craigs List for something used but still in excellent condition. You would be suprised at what you could find if you are patient.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here